RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationPBcastco
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: CLOSED - MP-Molds - 165 grain 40 Caliber 2 and 4 cavity mold - Perfect bullet weight!

Vendor Sponsor

You can find some over order molds here

https://www.mp-molds.com/shop/?produ...t_type=product
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Vendor Sponsor

You can find some over order molds here

https://www.mp-molds.com/shop/?produ...t_type=product
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Bub
    This is absolutely one of the best casting molds I have ever used. I have the one with no lube grooves. Once to temp, the bullets just drop out of this mold. I cast about 600 today and did not take long. I did do one thing....two cavities were the larger hollow point, two were the shallower. Once cast, I did a Ford Blue powder coat on these. Gonna weigh and sort these tonight to see how they average out for the next loading session. Very happy. Thanks everyone involved in getting this one made.

In Remembrance

Glad you like them. This bullet weight, with lube grooves, is the best one for .40 I have ever made.

BTW, all of miha's molds are made to perfection. Bullets always drop right out.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Bub
    Yes Duke, his molds are excellent. I have been fortunate enough to be in several buys involving Miha's molds. His new WEB Site is excellent. Hoping the 45-70 mold is in the works.

Boolit Buddy
    Has anyone shot some of these boolits? I wouldn't mind seeing some results from the members out there. I haven't cast any with my mold yet but I'm looking forward to it

In Remembrance

It's an amazing GREAT bullet.

These group buys are exactly for the purpose of creating, and mahing some custom molds made. Molds that are very specific to a need/purpose/design/etc.

So, I can report that these bullets are designed perfectly for the .40 S&W cartridge. They cast wonderfully. And, they shoot very well. I don't have any target images with bullet holes to share, but can assure you that this is the perfect bullet weight and design for the 165 grain .40 S&W semi autos. I am sure that Miha made extras of these, and would be happy to sell you one. Visit his web site for ordering.

BTW, Miha has been nice enough to include some of my reloading details for loading for the 500 S&W Magnum (outside of this .40 S&W discussion). Take a look at that while you are visiting mp-molds.com

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, Duke. I was on the original buy but haven't used the mold yet...maybe this weekend if I take the time. I got side-tracked casting some 9mm boolits and learning how to powder coat. Would you care to share some of your load info for the .40? I've tried shooting 175s in my Delta Elite in both 10mm and 40 cases and I think a 165/.40 load would work really well in that pistol.

Boolit Buddy
    It has been too wet to work outdoors so yesterday I fired up the Lee production pot and cast away with this mold. It seems to like the 50/50 WW/PB alloy at 760 degrees and the boolits are barely frosted. I'm alternating between a Lyman 356402 with both mold resting on a hotplate between casts. I did apply a bit too much of Miha's lube to the hinge and it migrated into the nearest cavity, giving me wrinkled boolits. I first thought the mold had cooled too much but then realized what was going on. A quick cleaning with Brake Kleen helped but the boolits were not perfect. I was at the end of my casting session anyway so I gave it up for the evening. Looking forward to my next session with this mold. As to my Lyman 356402, it just keeps getting better the more I use it.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718