RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - MP-Molds - 165 grain 40 Caliber 2 and 4 cavity mold - Perfect bullet weight!

In Remembrance

Clarification, although most of you didn't notice the apparent error.

There is NO gas check for a .40 caliber bullet.

The original design for this bullet (images, first post) shows a plain base, and two options, lube grooves and no lube grooves. Solid nose and hollow point. That's it. Somehow, along the way, the concept of a gas check version for this came up, and some of you asked for a gas checked mold design. To repeat for the sake of clarity, there is no 40 caliber gas check. Miha just questioned this, and I went through the orders, and changed them all to plain base. There is no gas check version. I trust that this down not create any issues, since, even if Miha made them with gas check feature, you still can't find gas checks to fit on them, they don't really exist. You CAN buy a plain base style gas check for 40 caliber:
    https://www.sagesoutdoors.com/10-mm-...se-gas-checks/
    That would be my suggestion for those of you seeking a gas check for these bullets.

(Not to confuse anyone, but 9mm plain base gas checks are 35 caliber rifle gas checks. They snap right on 9mm bullets, .355")

The gas check discussion doe not effect the solid or hollow point nose, nor does it effect the lube grooves or no lube grooves.

Your orders, as listed in Post #1, reflect your wishes for lube grooves and hollow points vs no lube grooves and solid nose.

This will be an amazing 40 caliber 165 grain mold. Those who get them will be delighted. Those who miss out will be begging for any leftovers.
    This Buy is still active, we are still taking orders. It's on Miha's "radar" and he'll be dealing with them soon I suspect.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    Duke,
    I'm number 6 on the 6 cavity aluminum list. Please change my order to 6 cavity aluminum, Lube Groove, with handles.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

Boolit Man
    I was just wondering on the time frame as I have never been in on a group buy before.
    Wasnt sure if it would be a end of summer thing or around christmas or what.
    Im in no hurry and was just asking!

Banned

It takes as long as it takes
    There are no pins for HP molds right now
    Be patient, it is worth it
    If you ordered a solid, then you may be getting a mold sooner rather than later
    Whoever ultimately supplies the pins, I pray they are real good

In Remembrance

Changed from powder coat to lube grooves.

Quote Originally Posted by MstrEddy View Post
    Duke,
    I'm number 6 on the 6 cavity aluminum list. Please change my order to 6 cavity aluminum, Lube Groove, with handles.
    Actually, the way Miha runs production is approximately as follows:
    * We gather the orders
    * When he has enough HP orders to order the pins, he orders pins, and MOLD BLOCKS at the same time.
    * When pins and mold blocks come in, he sets up to run. He runs all orders, HP and solid nose, at the same time. Those who want solid nose should not expect to see their orders any time sooner than those who ordered HP's.

So, deep breath, we'll see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    It takes as long as it takes
    There are no pins for HP molds right now
    Be patient, it is worth it
    If you ordered a solid, then you may be getting a mold sooner rather than later
    Whoever ultimately supplies the pins, I pray they are real good

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Man
    Please take me off the list as I just bought one off of classifieds.
    Thanks and sorry!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I am thinking on this one, any idea how long we have to order yet? I need to move $$ around so I can, if I'm going to do it.

In Remembrance

Removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebad06vtx View Post
    Please take me off the list as I just bought one off of classifieds.
    Thanks and sorry!
    I would direct your reading to this post:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4538037

There is no money up front. You will get an invoice from Miha when he has made them all, and is ready to ship.

So, no reason to not get in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    I am thinking on this one, any idea how long we have to order yet? I need to move $$ around so I can, if I'm going to do it.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

DukeInFlorida - TY, having insomnia and so far it's winning somewhat...

* Screen Name Mr_Sheesh
    * How Many molds ? 2
    * How many Cavities? 4
    * Lubed (grooved) or Powder Coat style (no grooves)? Powder Coat Style
    * There is no option for gas check. sorry NP
    * Disguised email address rd232d at yahoo dot com
    * Zip Code 98007
    * Handles or no handles? Handles
    * DHL shipping (an additional 6 Euros added to your invoice, currently $6.83 US for three day shipping) or regular shipping. Regular, DHL doesn't seem able to find this place due to the USPS's oddness when they changed some roads here

So 4 Cavity Bullet Lube or Powder Coat style (no lube groove)and no mixing of types in single mold, Hollow Point, all pins, Brass

I could deal with plain nose but cups should do me...

In Remembrance

Your post indicates that you want TWO of the 4 cavity molds. I'm not sure I understand your comments about DHL shipping. You don't need to do anything specific, prior to shipping, with regard to DHL shipping. If you desire approx 3 day shipping vs a couple of weeks, then DHL is the way to go. Miha will make all the arrangements, and your delivery would come from a DHL driver. They are VERY good at what they do. I understand your post to request regular Postal Office shipping.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

DukeInFlorida - TY, having insomnia and so far it's winning somewhat...

* Screen Name Mr_Sheesh
    * How Many molds ? 2 <<<=====
    * How many Cavities? 4
    * Lubed (grooved) or Powder Coat style (no grooves)? Powder Coat Style
    * There is no option for gas check. sorry NP
    * Disguised email address rd232d at yahoo dot com
    * Zip Code 98007
    * Handles or no handles? Handles
    * DHL shipping (an additional 6 Euros added to your invoice, currently $6.83 US for three day shipping) or regular shipping. Regular, DHL doesn't seem able to find this place due to the USPS's oddness when they changed some roads here <<<===== Not sure what you mean by this

So 4 Cavity Bullet Lube or Powder Coat style (no lube groove)and no mixing of types in single mold, Hollow Point, all pins, Brass

I could deal with plain nose but cups should do me...

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Put me in for a 4 cavity brass with all the pins, no lube grooves, thanks.

6shot@silverstar.net

In Remembrance

Added, however, two things:
    1) Please edit your posted email address so that it's similar to the way it shows in the quoted part of this reply.Notice the use of "at" an "dot" instead of @ and . in the email address. It's dangerous to post an actual email address on the Internet these days. By slightly disguising it, as suggested, you will avoid getting barraged by spam mail. Please edit your post.
    2) Please provide your Zip Code so that when these molds get shipped, Miha can provide each of us tracking details. That way, you can follow your delivery every step of the way.

Thanks for your order. I trust that we will see these soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot View Post
    Put me in for a 4 cavity brass with all the pins, no lube grooves, thanks.

6shot at silverstar dot net

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

On shipping it's just plain a long, discouraging story, due to the City putting a bypass road in & changing the parking lot road here from its' previous name (They named the new bypass road by its' name) and leaving the number part of the address here the same.

If I have things shipped without a note added (giving the name of this apartment complex) USPS, UPS, and FedEx can find the place, but DHL and other smaller shipping companies end up at the Mariott Hotel 2 blocks southwest of here, cannot find the apartments, give up, and return the package as undeliverable.

If I put the note in the address, then DHL and so on can find the place, but sometimes - About 5% or so of the time - some total IDIOT in the USPS redirects the package to a different zip code that's nearby, as there's a street named similarly, and an old folks' rehab place, so the package goes to their post office and sits there till it's returned as undeliverable - Despite having an accurate address on it.

It's a Catch-22 situation, I am hoping to get the management here to fix it but not sure if I can get that to happen or not...

Boolit Buddy

Hey Duke,
    Just out of curiosity, how close are we?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Time to take Brandon to the train station"
    "The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

In Remembrance

My Postman is a buddy, and we shoot together all the time. His route is fixed. That is, unless he's on vacation, he's the one that always delivers in my neighborhood. And, he's no dummy (despite what we might otherwise think of Postal Office workers.) So, I'm sure that you aren't the only one getting mail. You probably have an apartment mailbox system, so the Post Office would likely leave you one of those yellow, "You have a package, and have to pick it up at the Post Office" cards. My experience with DHL so far is that the drivers are HIGHLY automated, and determined to deliver packages. I had a recent one come when I wasn't home. They have your phone number (Miha will require that you give him your home number), and I had the driver call ME, telling me that I wasn't home, and would I be home later. Sure enough, he came by at about 5:30 PM to make the delivery. In the same way, I am positive that the DHL driver would call you (presuming he couldn;t find the new location), and say, "Dude, where the hell are you?" That would certainly assure that you would get delivery. My buddy, the Postman, does similar things for me, but only because we are buddies. I often get calls indicating that there's something to sign for, am I home? He's even called me and said, "Meet me at the Post Office between 5 PM and 5:30, and you can get your package from me there." Now, that's amazing service.

I would think that the DHL shipping option is the way to go. I'm sure you ill get your package delivered in about 3 days, and be trouble free. Let me know.

On shipping it's just plain a long, discouraging story, due to the City putting a bypass road in & changing the parking lot road here from its' previous name (They named the new bypass road by its' name) and leaving the number part of the address here the same.

If I have things shipped without a note added (giving the name of this apartment complex) USPS, UPS, and FedEx can find the place, but DHL and other smaller shipping companies end up at the Mariott Hotel 2 blocks southwest of here, cannot find the apartments, give up, and return the package as undeliverable.

If I put the note in the address, then DHL and so on can find the place, but sometimes - About 5% or so of the time - some total IDIOT in the USPS redirects the package to a different zip code that's nearby, as there's a street named similarly, and an old folks' rehab place, so the package goes to their post office and sits there till it's returned as undeliverable - Despite having an accurate address on it.

It's a Catch-22 situation, I am hoping to get the management here to fix it but not sure if I can get that to happen or not...
    There's no exact way to know. Miha once tried to publish a regular manufacturing schedule, and found that he was spending too much time typing everything up, which distracted from his actual making of molds. So, the honchos haven't seen an actual schedule in a while. He does orders in the order in which they go from Active to Closed. So, if you look at some of the other recent buys that went from Active to closed, it might give you a sense.

He usually pops in, and tells me to CLOSE an Active buy, meaning that he has mold blocks and pins on the way, and will soon start machining cavities. He's aleardy sent me a couple of PM's, discussing this buy, and so it looks like it's on his radar screen. It seems to take about two weeks from the time he closes the Active buy to when he's sending out invoices. So, I would expect that we are close.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkpwdrbuff View Post
    Hey Duke,
    Just out of curiosity, how close are we?

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Duke please add me for one "2 cavity, lube grooves" brass or aluminum either works for me,with all pins and handles also add DHL shipping, to 75980,THBOUTDOORS
    at AOL for Com.Thanks
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

In Remembrance

Added, thanks. Just for reference, ALL of Miha's HP (Cramer style) molds are made in Brass. Only the SOLID NOSE molds are offered in aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Duke please add me for one "2 cavity, lube grooves" brass or aluminum either works for me,with all pins and handles also add DHL shipping, to 75980,THBOUTDOORS
    at AOL for Com.Thanks

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Yes, phone numbers do help. My most recent package that was lost was put on the truck on the 10th for delivery, and that's the last update on it except for the "Alert" that something's wrong (Well, ya, seems so! Sheesh.) I just detest catch-22 situations, in this case it seems the seller put the WRONG zip code on the package and that's not helping. I asked management here (at the apt. complex) about a couple of possible solutions, we'll see what they reply with.

In Remembrance

Well, again we ask you for your zip code in these buys. That assures that you not only get accurate tracking details, but that Miha gets the shipping address correct.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Duke, please see my request:

Tmaloy - (1) 6 cavity solid nose, regular lube grooves, glockman1000 at gmail dot com, 96929 Zip Code

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast