MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PET bottles and acetone

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Randy - I pour my acetone from the quart container into a used Zippo Lighter Fluid can - same with Ed's Red and my de-rusting mix of 50:50 acetone & ATF fluid. Convenient containers with a squirt top
    Regards
    John

Boolit Bub

I believe motor oil bottles are HDPE. Should be able to re-use any bottle that previously contained a similar fluid. Test first. YMMV

Boolit Master
    As BIS mentioned,there are a lot of liquids out there that have a big bang factor.
    Gasoline for sure is one.The fumes from one gallon of gas has the same explosive power as 15 sticks of dynamite.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ghh3rd View Post
    My wife is out doing errands, and I just had her stop at Sally beauty supply and buy me an 8 ounce bottle of 100% pure acetone for $2.99.

They also had EMPTY 8 ounce plastic bottles for acetone for $4.99! I think I made a I think I made a sound business decision.
    Not being a great business man I don't understand how you can sell a full 8 oz. bottle of acetone for $2.99 and then sell an empty 8 oz. bottle , which is only labeled acetone, for $4.99.
    In my small mind that doesn't make sense....or is this the new politicians business way of doing things !
    There is just so much I don't understand.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I don't understand how you can sell a full 8 oz. bottle of acetone for $2.99 and then sell an empty 8 oz. bottle , which is only labeled acetone, for $4.99.
    Gary
    This is part of why I have a lifelong collection of vials, bottles, cans and boxes. I've even bought product just to empty and reuse the container.

Boolit Master

If you look on the bottom fo the plastic container you will see the recycle triangle symbol. Under that symbol it tells you what plastic the container was made out of.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12