RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok to long load 38spl case to mild .357 levels ?

Boolit Buddy
    Well RU, looks like you and most of the other posters can't be trusted to keep your hot 38s separate from standard loads. How Bob was able to come up a with something akin to rocket surgery or brain science to keep things separate is unbelievable.
    I must be a mensa candidate because I use the same method plus use the Keith and Thompson designs exclusively in the hot ones.
    I don't want to insult the safety first crowd, even tho they don't mind insulting the people who don't wear safety vests in traffic. Do most of the posters work for the government?

While I don't work for the government any more (guilty as charged), my typical day in an ICU suggests that it is much less work to shake a finger than it is to suture one back on.

I don't work for the Gov't and I am not so sure it matters much anyway. I am glad the Government employs folks like our armed services, and police to keep us safe. salvadore not sure what your point was. Actually I do I just can't be bothered to go there.

I have a lot of reloaded ammo around my gun room and as a wise man said, "tomorrow is promised to no man". I have two sons who will share all my reloading "junk" and I have no intention of leaving them any ammo that had the potential of biting them. I load within manual specs and seem to find what I am looking for within the bands outlined in the manual. The days of wanting to print the checkering on my palms are long gone.

Laslty, I am not infallible. I make mistakes. Strive as I might for safety I know Murphy lives and does visit at the most inconvenient times. I do admire, sort of, those who never make mistakes, they seem to be blessed I guess. They are of course, blessed that is, until, well if you shoot any of the shooting sports there is no need to finish the sentence.

Take Care
    Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

I shot A LOT of SKEETER LOADS growing up, for the same reason SKEETER did. Brass for .38 spl was a whole lot cheaper & more plentiful than .357 MAGNUM CASES.
    We always kept our brass for those loads clean, sized, expanded, and primed. Ready to load. With an old BELDING & MULL Powder Measure pre-adjusted for 13.5grs of 2400, and a separate seating/crimping die dedicated to only that bullet/crimp combo. We could turn out 500rds in about 1 & 1/2 hours. The loads were then put loose into a .30cal ammo can with a RED LID, very well labeled. Then off to the range or Desert the next morning, where all the ammo was shot up & the can was shot empty.
    My DAD was pretty paranoid about that .357MAGNUM LOAD being SHOT in a .38SPECIAL Chambered gun. He had an old COLT DETECTIVE Special blown up when I was a little kid. He said there are always some people that just won't listen to WARNINGS OR READ LABELS.
    I haven't used that load in 30yrs. .357mag & .38spl have been the same price and availability since the mid 1980's.
    I keep light loads in .38 Special cases & heavy loads in .357 Magnum cases. Save for .44spl/.44mag. .45Colt loads are std pressure. I sold my CASULL years ago.
    If I need a hot load, I have MAGNUM GUNS FOR MAGNUM LOADS.
    Easiest way to do it. If I should suddenly die, my conscience will be clear that nobody blew off their hand(s) because of my loads. I'm 64yrs old. I don't plan on dying anytime soon, but there's always that "MYSTERIOUS BUS" that could hit you at anytime.
    Last edited by Walks; 06-18-2018 at 01:55 AM.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12