MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Bench Primer!

Boolit Grand Master

The only trouble I had with my Lee Bench Prime was on the first 60 cases primed. I reread the instructions, mounted the tool solidly, and allowed the handle to go through its full travel. The full travel allows the next primer to fall into place and "actuates" the small spring on the back of the tray. I am approaching 2,000 cases primed trouble free. I dump a sleeve of primers in the tray and prime 100 cases, non stop...

I was talking about what my Dad said to me. No offense intended to anyone...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    mine just will not feed no matter what i do. and i didn't take offence it was just my sence of humor comming out.

Boolit Master

I guess I jinxed myself, I started priming .38 special brass tonight. 240 pieces primed no problem. Then the cast metal that forms the slot for shell holder cracked. Have to call Lee Monday. Pretty sure they'll make it right. Still I pad $27.00 for it, divided by the 15,000 cases I've primed, my cost for the Bench Primer works out to less than 2/10 of a penny per case.
    Attachment 223364

Boolit Master

Call Lee this morning, they are shipping a new frame, no charge &know shipping fee.

Boolit Master
    I think I'll stick to my RCBS bench primer.I doubt if I can break the frame or any other part on it.

Boolit Bub
    I mounted mine to a board, and I like the size of the tray and the feel of seating. It doesn't jam much, and never badly. But the plastic part doesn't give me confidence. Glad it's cheap.
    "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." --Dr. Johnson

Boolit Master
    Reading the instructions will help with the education part of your problem.
    But look carefully and all the plastic parts to see if any are cracked or if there is a flange of plastic thats blocking primer movement through the machine.
    Also make sure you have the correct primer insertion part installed there are 2 sizes in the box a large and small for feeding large and small size primers. the LG and SM letters molded onto the side of the parts are hard to see, I've blackened mine with marker so I can see the difference easily.
    Their is a thin metal blast door that slides up and down to isolate the tray of primers from the one being seated.
    Maybe this sliding door is stuck or jumped its track some how and got jammed partially shut blocking primer flow.
    Last edited by greenjoytj; 07-20-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by KenT7021 View Post
    I think I'll stick to my RCBS bench primer.I doubt if I can break the frame or any other part on it.
    What he said!

Banned

I have two of each. I like the Lee Bench Primers. Hate the tubes on my RCBS bench primers. The Plastic primer holder on the Lee works well if you follow the instructions. Unless you own both, your opinion is not useful, just a senseless, I love my RCBS unit. I like mine, but the thread is about the Lee Bench Primer and a killer price to boot, no surprise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12