Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best factory target trigger on a sub $600(ish) pistol?

Boolit Master

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Went to the LGS today and dry fired a CZ75BD and a Rock Island 1911. Definitely prefered the 1911, even on the entry level make. I'm sure they get better as you move up the chain. Plenty of parts/smithing support, that's for sure! The 1911 trigger was a bit heavier, but had very little take up and seemed to break "cleaner" to me, more like a revolver. The overall weight of the 1911 should also be good for target work. I'm in no hurry to buy one, but it's nice to know what I am looking for in case something pops up. I'd probably go for a 9mm as I have around two gallons of 9mm brass and just a handful of 45.

Before you buy you have to try the PPQ Match or the regular PPQ M2 5". The PPQ has the best trigger out there in a striker fired gun bar none. Add tack driving accuracy and you have all you will need. The reset is 1/10th of an inch as advertised on my two examples. The trigger pull as measured by my Lyman gauge was 5.6lbs exactly as advertised. It will fall to around 4.5lbs if my guns follow those held by folks with more rounds on their guns. I am running the M2 Match with a Vortex Optic this year in IDPA. Walther makes a very good pistol.

To give you some idea of the accuracy I was hitting a 1 ft square hanging square plate at 125yards from a rest about 75% of the time using my cast reloads. My M&P Pro only wishes at that range.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

You can buy drop in trigger parts for a 1911 that are very good.
    Just for thought.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    You can buy drop in trigger parts for a 1911 that are very good.
    Just for thought.
    Same for a CZ. Both CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works sell kits that you can install in the gun.

Boolit Master

The cz75 is a great gun for the money.

Boolit Master

I realize that other more relevant suggestions have been given, but the thread title reminded me of a pistol.

The Walther Creed. Looked at one at my local LGS and could not believe how good the trigger was. Light and crisp. Maybe 4lbs at the most. Was seriously impressed. Dirt cheap at under $400.

Anyways, just wanted to mention it. Maybe the one I tried was a fluke since no one else mentioned it.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12