RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: 300 Win Mag with 200-SIL load data needed.

Boolit Master

300 Win Mag with 200-SIL load data needed.

I am planning on using my 300 Winchester Magnum with a Rcbs 200 gr. SIL(gas checked of course) for Elk this season but all load data listings I have do not go above 190 gr. The rifle has a muzzle break so I was wondering if fouling would be a cleanup problem. Not worried about it when hunting but during load development. Any suggestion where to look. Cast pics is reflecting the 190 gr. ceiling as well as all of my Lyman Handbooks. I do powder coat as well as conventional size and lube.

Boolit Master
    I’ll be following this with interest. I have a m 700 barrel in .300 mag and plan to rebarrel a 7 mag 700 Classic with it. Don’t know how fast the 10” twist will allow a boolit to be launched accurately; but I’d consider going with a paper patched slug
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master

My thoughts would be to "Extrapolate" a Load from other Cartridge/Load Data.

One such place to start might be from a thread here on Cast Boolits. See post #8 of link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ield-30-06-cal

The text extract of that post is:

I also have a 4 groove Remington barrel on my springfield. My load is a Lyman 311284 sized to .310, gas checked and lubed with Lyman 'Black Gold' and pushed by 31.5gns 3031 for 1740fps. These are a couple of the best 100yd benchrested groups for this year; 10 shots into .908 and the second (while going under 1MOA) has 8 shots into 1/2 MOA!

Given the posting was for a 30-06, I believe that this might be a place to start developing a load for your RCBS 200Sil in a 300 WinMag. I have the RCBS 200Sil mold, but do not have a 300 WinMag rifle or I would give it a shot at development myself. (I probably have 200 cases of 300 WinMag brass that I've picked up at the ranges over the last few years - May pick up a 300WinMag if I see one at decent price at future Gun Show).
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Vendor Sponsor
    Use any 190 gr load staring at the low end and work up. My lyman 49 edition shows many heavier loads for 30-06. You may find looking at that data useful. Magnum cases are harder to squeeze cast accuracy out of than say a 30-40 or 308 but it can be done. It is not going to be a situation where someone gives you a magic load and you are all set. You are going to have to find out what your rifle wants. I don't recommend starting out looking for a high velocity. Have fun. Finding your load can be more than half the hunt and there is no off season.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Courious to see how your boolits will stabilize and pattern going slow in a magum with a twist made for higher velocities. I tried trail boss in my 375 rum and it was like throwing gravel at my target at a 100 yards. It was all over the place with 2' plus groups using 235 gr speers. The low velocities wouldn't stabilize my jacketed bullets. My rifles wear removable brakes. If yours dose take it off and use a thread protector. It's not like the rifle is going to recoil much with cast and low velocity loads.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-17-2018 at 08:11 AM.