Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 gauge coyote loads

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Mentioned before on another post of shooting a 100 lb pig at about 25 feet with number eight shot broadside between the eye and ear. It made a hole all the way out the other side that you could look through.
    I believe that, I shot a turkey at about 20-25 feet last December. My 7 1/2 shot stayed together and literally blew the head off. The wad separated and blew a fist size hole in its chest. Its like a cut shell at close range. After about 15 yards bets are off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	223178

OldBearHair I like your dog looks alot like ours.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Barrick's Duke

Facetious, Is your dog an old type large Rat Terrier? My dog is with lineage through Lynch dogs in Marshall. Texas Top notch squirrel dogs. Seems they know how to retrieve from birth and they don't know just how big they are.. They just jump into the fight and get it done. This may be off topic, but here is a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iphone 01 01 2018 104.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	223181

His dad came from "Legedary Max" in Mississippi. He is a Jack russell. We have had JR's for many years. After we lost the last one to cancer my wife was talking to someone on line who tourned out to be part of the JR society and made us a deal on him. He was the runt of the litter and not showable. His name is Boomer, we also have a older one named Cookie. We have two more that came to us through a puppy rescue. One is half JR and half australian shepherd, the other is half pitbull and half Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Name:	023.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	223190

Name:	028.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	223191

Name:	011.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	223192

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	223193
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Good buckshot info for handloaders.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hot-PERFECTION

BB

Luv dem Russells, I have two and they are both way smarter than me.

BB

Every hunter needs lots of guns, knives, and at the very least one dog, so I suppose this isn't too far off topic. How much does Boomer weigh. My dog is 29 lbs of muscle. Once he grabbed a dying coon and shook it like a rag doll. Later I had it skinned and lying on a table outside and the coon looked as big as the dog.
    Back to Hi-tek coating. I have a box of .177 pellets drying with Old Gold now. Show pictures later. I would open the round tin of pellets and there would be much lead dust. The coating will stop that. Then you can lick your finger to test wind direction. LOL

Boomer comes in at 16lb's . He is small but it is all muscle.
    Back to shot guns, I have a 870 with a 18in barrel open choke. This has been the house gun for years and may end up as the truck/RV gun as well. I do not intend hunt with it but thinking more SD. With just a change of shells your ready for every thing from snakes to bears. There is a tread on bears so here i will ask how do these loads work on coyotes from a open choke? I was told that animal control is given #4 buck as thy are more likely to run in to coyotes or "bad dogs". I don't see my self shooting past 25yd's. So how do the smaller shot sizes work?

P.S. I don't worry about coyotes attacking me but rather the dogs getting in to it with one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123