Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primers????

Boolit Master

After the last 20 years I love any primers I HAVE let alone any I can get.

Lets get to real in a hurry

Banned

federal are my first choice for dependablility (easy to set off even with guns that have action work) and they've in most cases been the best for accuracy too. Winchester would come in second with cci a close third. Rem takes up the back. Might not deserve it though. In the past ive had some **** rem primers. Seems like they improved some lately. that said I still went out the other day after a bunch of load development had my 9mm ar15 down to one bullet two powders and two primers. With both powders the feds shot groups about a 1/3 smaller then the same load with the rems. its happened so many times that its hard to ignore. about the only time I will pick another primer first is mag level handgun loads. Cci 350s have allways been THE primer for big handgun loads.

Boolit Master
    CCI and winchester ,have used others but I use an auto prime round tray so I'll use CCI or win unless things are desperate .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Cci because that's what I started with never had any problems that couldn't be attributed to my own stupidity. They go bang every time but FWIW that's all I'm looking for. Not a benchrest shooter ,yet!
    YUP! Started with CCI, switched to Winchester...can't remember why...switched back to CCI when Winchester went to brass-colored primers. (Good reason, right? ) Never a failure with either. The red tips were the reason I went with Hornady SST boolits...they just had to work better, right? That didn't work well, either! As long as there was a good reason...or not!

For me is Win. on all. and then CCI for handgun and some Rem for rifle. If I had a pick it would be Win. for all. Use Fed for Shotgun or what ever is the less to pay for at the time of need.Win large pistol it have for Mag and standard use for them so that works for me in what I use it for.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123