Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henry Single Shot rifles?

I have found (being originally from NJ) that many* of the people there are actually pretty pro gun. Living next to NYC and the rampant crime in areas like Newark and Camden make the representatives soft and willing to just pass BS with guns.

That being said, besides the heavy trigger, mine has been fantastic, and very accurate. I have the 31# spring from Magnum, and im going to be putting it in and testing this weekend. I have opened the rifle down to all the springs when I first got it looking for anything out of wack because of how the trigger was/is. From another thread I saw, it definitely seems like the lawyers got the better of the decision to put the heavier hammer spring it in. I hope they keep selling like crazy so we can start to see maybe aftermarket barrels and other accessories.

Side note, I am in a FB group with the owner of Skinner, and he said he is in the works for a skinner sight for the S/S series of rifles. I think a nice peep on here would be a great addition. (although I run mine with a leupold)

also, the rifle shoots black powder rounds pretty good as well. I had to try after I loaded some up for BPCR, and it shot them very well.

Banned

the problem with jersey are its liberal progressive left wing politicians, particularly the new governor who has his eyes on the white house.

if you can, before heading to the range with the newly installed 31# spring, pop a few primed cases first.

i talked with andy over at skinner and his H&R rear peep sights will fit the henry h015 s/s rifles. the problem will be getting a taller front sight and he has one that's not listed on the skinner website.

fwiw, i'd prefer the williams rear and lyman front that this feller installed ...

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/165-he...ams-sight.html

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Would be a winner with different swappable barrels.

Banned

You'll get no argument from me about having a Henry single shot able to swap out barrels. However, even without that bbl swap ability these guns at their street price point of under $400 are great values providing the obligatory trigger/hammer spring swap is made. Add in the made in USA quality materials and workmanship, and I'm calling it the single shot centerfire winner of the year. YMMV.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123