Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: The Henry Single Shot Trigger ....

Banned

The Henry Single Shot Trigger ....

The HenryUSA reply to my email that was sent to Anthony Imperato where I asked for an understanding why the H015-xxxx single shot rifles had such heavy trigger and hammer pulls.

"Thank you for owning a Henry. We appreciate your feedback and support. I agree with your assessment of the trigger/hammer on the H015 models. Please allow me to explain.

Henry is a member of the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute (SAAMI). SAAMI manages our industry standards for safety, interchangeability, reliability, and quality of firearms, ammunition and components. One of the final steps in developing a new model is testing of actual production parts to make sure that we meet or exceed SAAMI standards. There are specific tests defined by SAAMI that require specialized equipment and procedures.

We were forced to use a heavier spring in the H015 models to comply with these standards. We cannot endorse modifying the spring to a lighter force because it may not pass a drop test. I think it goes without saying that overall safe operation comes first and unfortunately trigger pull comes later. Some people may say that it is not a realistic test to drop a rifle in 6 different positions from 4 feet in the air onto a hard surface but that is the standard, and that heavier spring was only considered after unsuccessful tests with lighter springs.

We certainly understand the issue and intend to redesign in order to accomplish safety and better hammer/trigger performance. In the meantime, we cannot endorse modifying this spring. Thank you for writing us. Please feel free to reach out us any time.

Sincerely,

Andy Wickstrom, General Manager

Henry Repeating Arms
    107 W. Coleman St.
    Rice Lake, WI 54868

Office: 715.736.3030
    Email: andy@henryusa.com
    Web: www.henryusa.com"

So the lawyers strike again lol. I just don't understand the idea of it being a safety concern. You have to be fairly purposeful to load and cock a single shot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly, which I why i wasn't too scared to work on my trigger. The safety on a hammer gun is between your ears. Even if you were stupid enough to drop a cocked gun, and it slips off the sear, there is a safety notch on the hammer that would catch unless the trigger is pulled. The real bummer is that as of now there are no plans to offer extra barrels. Now that I have a frame with a great trigger, I'd like to buy extra barrels for it.