WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: WtB a couple pounds of Pewter

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

WtB a couple pounds of Pewter

Of all things I have a possible "Commission" to cast something in Lead-Free Pewter for a local group. I'll need a good source for Pewter if this works (we need to do the design work first though) and then I'll have to get in a dedicated pot so I can guarantee that no lead's in there (Kids in the group could get their hands on these items, you do NOT want a kidlet nomming on a lead-laden Pewter object.) So, 2 questions really, are there good sources for no-lead Pewter out there, and does someone expect to have some for sale (2# maybe more, enough to make some samples, I can use the 10# RCBS pot for these over a camp stove) about late June to the end of June or so? Thanks all

(Mods, as always, if it needs to be moved, feel free! You folks make the place WORK, I'm still 85% asleep so if this needs to move or ?? no problem.)

Boolit Master

pm inbound
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Replied to it, that could do well

In Remembrance

Just remember what"pewter" really is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pewter

"and sometimes lead"...............

It's the reason the old time ale drinkers got lead poisoning.

So, if it's a food or drink related commission, or will be handled by kiddos, be careful with what you are doing....

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Definitely know that. I also know that Rotometals sells non lead Pewter alloys, or if I get the XRF gun I can CHECK for lead (and use lead-containing random pewters in boolit casting.) Something will work out

Rotometals is where I bought my stuff to add tin to boolits you can get it up to 98% tin stuff is super pricy imo but about the only place I know of to get a guaranteed alloy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Newbie here.
    I see you are in the PNW.
    You might want to try surfing Goodwill or other resale shops. I recently found ~4# of "English Pewter" in a pitcher and serving tray.

For tin, I've purchased it off Ebay at approx $6/lb but cannot guarantee whether or not it has Pb.

I'm trying to get to GoodWill etc., knees mean it'll be using my walker and will be horribly slow. Oh well. I can use anything w/Lead for Boolits and non lead ony for the other project, it's not like it'll be wasted if I get some with lead in it

Boolit Master
    I get mine checked by BNE. If you need more let me know.

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar
    I have some Lead Free Solder chips - 96.5 % tin, 3% silver, and 0.5% copper that has a melting point of 428°F. I would have to weigh what I have. But I believe that I have over 10#. I would sell for $15/lb. If I melt them into small ingots, I think it all would fit a USPS SFRB.

Definitely nice stuff. I need to get richer so I can buy the goodies that pop up, sooner :P (I had a "free" cell phone company, well, while I was sick at the start of the year they signed me up for 3 premium packages, for 1 phone number, still arranging getting repaid on that one - Working on the BBB complaint as that's called fraud. They then closed the cell phone off as they could no longer withdraw money from my bank when I shut them down - Mind you, that's after they GUARANTEED that my cell package was now completely FREE... Free but they need to pull money out of my bank? Seems a little lacking on logic there. I am not impressed with FreedomPop.) Maybe I can get them to pay me sooner instead of later, have to see.