Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wally World policy?

Boolit Buddy

New Wally World policy?

Had to stop at my local super wally world yesterday. Stopped by the gun ammo stuff to check on 22 price lots of 22 in the bin. Saw a notice posted saying tnat a buyer had to be at least 21 to buy ammo or guns. Has anybody else seen one of these or is it just my local wally mart.

Vendor Sponsor

this is supposed to be company wide after the Parkland school shooting
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by inspector_17 View Post
    Had to stop at my local super wally world yesterday. Stopped by the gun ammo stuff to check on 22 price lots of 22 in the bin. Saw a notice posted saying tnat a buyer had to be at least 21 to buy ammo or guns. Has anybody else seen one of these or is it just my local wally mart.
    Yep same sign at our Wally mart and they ID everyone buying it , Company policy the girl at the counter said . Yes it's not federal or state law but it's their store so their rules apply.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Support your local gun shop, there ya go that was easy....
    May we achieve our aims....

Boolit Master
    This same post has been coming up on different boards for several years now. Wal Mart has had this policy for years and someone finally saw the sign and thought it was something new. They've been doing it here for at least the last ten years. It has nothing to do with any recent shootings or other wise.

Boolit Master
    Seems funny all the Walmart’s around me started requiring a ID at the first of the yr. Only have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo not long gun ammo. They started the 21 yrs of age to buy any firearms or ammo after the parkland school shooting, not before. I see you are in ny. NSB. Whole nother world just like ca.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought the grandsons a Red Ryder bb gun at the local wallmarts for Christmas. I had to show ID and the checker was wanting a 4473 filled out on it

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I bought the grandsons a Red Ryder bb gun at the local wallmarts for Christmas. I had to show ID and the checker was wanting a 4473 filled out on it
    It can put an eye out after all .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    No ammo at all in my local Walmart, California. They stopped selling a few months ago.

Banned

Bought some 12 gauge shells from them the other night. The lady did ask my birthdate because the check out system prompted it, but she didn't ask for an ID. I'm in my 50s and look every day of it, so wasn't surprised.

I won't buy any guns at Wal Mart, mainly because they don't carry anything that interests me, but I will continue to occasionally buy ammo from them.

In Remembrance

Last Fall when I bought a box of bulk Federals at our local Wally World, I needed to show my drivers license. I asked the counter kid why? He replied it was policy to ask for it.Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    The 21 requirement is coming to all stores in the US shortly. Just a fact of life these days.

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    As stated above, fed law 21 for handgun ammo, 18 for rifle ammo. Walmarts used to follow that, but since Parkland, 21 to buy any ammo at all, at the least the ones here in SoFla. One of my coworkers is 20 and can no longer buy his 270 Win ammo at Wally World.
    And, yeah, I had to show ID as well.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

At my local wally all they had was shotgun ammo. no handgun or rifle. I don't know if that is permanent or what.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    The 21 requirement is coming to all stores in the US shortly. Just a fact of life these days.
    Yep, pretty sad. Lawsuits have already been filed. The legal system will either resolve or make this a permanent thing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GRid.1569 View Post
    Support your local gun shop, there ya go that was easy....

What local gun shop? My nearest town has 5 shops that sell marijuana and not a single gun store.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I quit shopping Wally world several years ago, because of their policies. Don't buy anything from them if I have any choice. Get my ammo online, delivered.
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    A sign of the times . . .

When in AZ for the winter, a couple of years ago I needed to get a quart of contact cement for my leather work. Went to the local Wally World . . . looked all over for it and finally found a clerk. Asked them where it was located and was told that they no longer carried it. Why? "Because kids buy it to huff". I also needed to get a can of spry paint to do some touch up work - was surprised to see it all behind locked displays. I again asked why? "Because kids are shoplifting it to huff and "tag" buildings, etc. Too bad, butI can understand some of a store's policies when you consider how things are in today's world. How I long for the time many years ago when I could walk in to a local hardware store . . . at the ripe old age of 12 . . . plunk down my 50 cents and walk out with a bo of 22s to go squirrel hunting.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Gone are those “goode olde daze”! I still have a couple of those Western Auto brand 50 count 22LR boxes priced at $0.50 with the ammo still in them! Collectable? Just a trip down memory lane for me. A penny a round was easy to swallow back in the dark ages. But the prices today........NO WAY. I still see 10-13 cents/round at LGS’s (where prices are ALWAYS sky high for everything!).

Boolit Grand Master
    My wally world stopped selling guns. Has ammo. Agenda driven bean counters and PR people wrecking a good thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast