Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other States tax used 100 year old bricks?

Boolit Master
    You want to buy a car?

Earn the money. - You're taxed on every dollar.
    Save the money. - You're taxed on the interest while saving.
    Buy the car. - You're taxed on that money again.
    Want to drive the car? - Buy license plates/tags (tax). EVERY YEAR!
    Fill the fuel tank. - Fuel taxes.

Sell the car?
    All of the above happens again.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    Florida has state sales tax, but no income tax. The state sales tax is 6%, however counties and/or cities can add to this base rate. Miami-Dade county has added .5 percent for transportation and there's another .5% that they add in restaurants/bars where alcohol is sold. This is for homeless and alcohol/addiction programs.
    Broward is wanting to put 1 % for transportation as well. It got defeated in 2016 on the ballot, but they're bringing it back up.
    We also have property taxes on our homes at the county/city level. They are pretty high in SoFla.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

Boolit Grand Master

23 years ago when we moved from NH to VA we were curious about this. My wife (LOML) is a genius when it comes to money and finances and kept track. It was truly amazing - the difference in cost of living between NH and VA was infinitesimal - a matter of dollars a year difference. The two states simply took the money in different ways. Mostly taxes vs user fees.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Old or new . . . if it can be moved, sold or transferred . . . tax it. The law abiding American citizen is viewed as the "Goose who lays the golden egg". Just like the fable, at some point, the politicians will kill the goose to get to the "real gold" . . . only to discover that there is no better source than letting the goose lay the eggs- then where will they find the dollars to waste? If I remember correctly, this country was founded as a result of "taxes" . . . funny how that worked out isn't it?

Just remember such things the next time you vote. As my Dad always said, "A new broom sweeps clean."

Boolit Master
    Sales Tax is Sales tax. If you buy it It is Taxed
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Vendor Sponsor

in 242 years we have nearly returned to what we left for
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Why would you require 100 yr old brick? Rock are free and no tax. Or as a caster make some large lead ingots as a storage method for lead. Be inventive and don't concern yourself with taxes.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Why would you require 100 yr old brick? Rock are free and no tax. Or as a caster make some large lead ingots as a storage method for lead. Be inventive and don't concern yourself with taxes.
    Rocks aren't free there taxed also. They had maybe 15 different kinds rocks in huge piles. I no longer cast because of medical reasons. The lead I have is worth 1.00 a pound I needed it to weigh 125lb paid 25 dollers for the bricks not 125.00 for lead. 100 year old brick was the cheapest way.

It's pretty obvious you have never filled an umbrella weight!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Those old bricks bring a premium around here. People working on an old brick home or buiding find out new bricks may stand out since the color, finish, ageing and fading don't match and want the older bricks for this reason.

Your now taxed several times on every dollar you earn. Income tax when you get it, improve your home and property tax increases, buy something and sales tax save it and your taxed on the interest earned. Then when you die everything is taxed again with your inheritance.

Boolit Master

Most all taxes have been created in the last 100 years. The Boston Tea Party was caused by a 5% sales tax that the King wanted so that he could provide military protection to the colonies. How times change.
    I am surprised that the American people allowed Obama to pass Obamacare in the manner it happened. I don't think the American people will ever revolt.
    It is easy to spend somebody else's money.

Boolit Master
    At least in a consumption state (sales tax) the illegals get hammered like every one else, even if they did get payed cash under the table!

Moderator Emeritus

Montana has no state sales tax, though resort towns can add one if they call it something else. {Red Lodge, West Yellowstone and Whitefish come to mind}. Every other legislative session the Republican party proposes to add a sales tax without removing any other taxes and it gets shot down.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I also like this new cry of free collage education for every one. only thing is some body has to pay for it.

Boolit Mold
    Regardless what others have posted about the highest gasoline tax, Pennsylvania is the reigning king of taxes at $.58 per gallon. The majority of the tax is not used for road and bridge upkeep as you would think its used to pay the salaries of the State Police and other General fund issues.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Ha, we've got you beat, here it's 9.46% sales tax, but no income tax because they get you everywhere else.
    The Tennessee state sales tax is 7.00%. Local option sales tax, averages 2.45%. Most counties that I'm familiar with are as high as 2.75%. There is some relief on certain foodstuffs but I'm not sure how that works.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    Most all taxes have been created in the last 100 years. The Boston Tea Party was caused by a 5% sales tax that the King wanted so that he could provide military protection to the colonies. How times change.
    I am surprised that the American people allowed Obama to pass Obamacare in the manner it happened. I don't think the American people will ever revolt.
    It is easy to spend somebody else's money.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

-Alexis de Tocqueville-

Boolit Master

In Mississippi the tax would be at least 7%. Some locations have higher local taxes.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Good friend who's church was going to build a new building was asking a dollar a brick from it's members. Since they just tore down an old brick building on company property he asked if he could have some of the bricks. The ok was given and easily he spent a week collecting the old bricks. Donated them to the building fund. Over 1000 and he took them home cleaned the old mortar off. Told me he'd never do that again. the old building was bulldozed into a pile and used as landfill. Frank

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I suppose the state does not want you to recycle old bricks , what is the tax on a new one ?
    Same as a the old one!
    It's a sales tax not a brick tax.

Boolit Master
    It took me a while , but I finally got it . I first purchased my home 25 years ago , and I figure in 5-10 years I will have paid for it again in property taxes . Although Virginia is a common wealth it seams pretty uncommon to keep the wealth .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast