Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: June 6, 1944 The Longest Day

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

June 6, 1944 The Longest Day

All gave some, some gave all.Attachment 221685
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Lest we forget!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Something of epic proportions that may never be duplicated again....

Best Book/Movie Ever, Gotta love Cornelius Ryan for preserving the story

D-Day, the 6th of June. A staggering sacrifice in the name of Freedom. So many gave their lives, so many futures lost, but also so many gained. I wonder why this day isn't a National Holiday rather than a couple of less significant days we observe. Thank you, Greatest Generation.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    D-Day, the 6th of June. A staggering sacrifice in the name of Freedom. So many gave their lives, so many futures lost, but also so many gained. I wonder why this day isn't a National Holiday rather than a couple of less significant days we observe. Thank you, Greatest Generation.

LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Vendor Sponsor

ANY of our own "gifted" athletes that think they are TOO GOOD to stand for the National Anthem, should go to THIS BEACH, and kneel down, not in protest, but giving thanks to the Lord that MUCH BRAVER men and women than they would EVER BE, gave enough of a **** that they would risk their own lives to save the world from the menace of the Axis powers who sought global domination at any cost.

THANK YOU to all US Armed Forces *and* Allied veterans! They fought that we should remain free.

I'll say it again:

THANK YOU to all US Armed Forces *and* Allied veterans! They fought that we should remain free.

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

74 years ago today 2,500 young Americans gave up their rights to be Great Grandfathers today...( They have recorded the names of individual Allied personnel killed on 6 June 1944 in Operation Overlord, and so far they have verified 2499 American D-Day fatalities ) They are the reason why we still speak English today and not German. . .
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Also remember June 6, 1918. They walked across the wheat fields. Belleau Wood, France.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for reminding the rest of us. D-day took place a few years before I was born, but having been in the military, I get a little emotional thinking about those guys went through, and most importantly, those that never came back.

Boolit Mold
    Yep, I've stood on that beach and it is inspiring, especially when you go to the cemetery! Jim

Boolit Master

"Invasion: They're Coming," by Paul Carell

A book that few will have read is Invasion: They're Coming, by Paul Carell. This fascinating book is D-Day through the fall - that is, libration of - Paris from the Wermacht's point of view. It is written in the manner of Ryan's book with substantial input from input from surviving Wermacht staff and command officers. What intrigued me most was that despite several errors at the time, those interviewed believed strongly that the D-Day invasion through the first several days could have been - should have been - an Allied debacle.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

In Remembrance
    The old generation shall all ways remember. The young generation today is content to be forced to learn Spanish as our language. Most of them have been dummied down by public education. They have no idea of the sacrifices made by OUR FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN all the way back to the Revolutionary War. Political correctness is the order of the day, let someone else be responsible for their freedom and safety is their motto.

Boolit Buddy

That was a long day for many.

Boolit Master
    Hi condorjohn.Thanks for posting.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

74 years ago yesterday SSG Walter Ehlers earned the Medal of Honor. His older brother Roland never made it off the beach.

Both men were heroes worth venerating.

65 years ago today 1st Sgt Ola Mize earned the Medal of Honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you for posting this. My grandfather went ashore at Omaha and fought across Europe into Germany. He would never talk about that day.

Those of us who have watched friends die either in combat or training don't either. The guys that are full of tales of daring doo are usually liars.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdb3 View Post
    Yep, I've stood on that beach and it is inspiring, especially when you go to the cemetery! Jim
    Bucket list of mine and my wife is very short. Every overseas National Cemetery.

Sign up for emails and updates from the American Battle Monument Commision here https://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries-memorials#.Wx2EM-jwbrc
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Never forget...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o