RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mihec molds

Boolit Master

mihec molds

trying to find information about MIHEC molds. can't seem to find anything. any help?

Boolit Master
    try mp bullet moulds should go to the site

In Remembrance

I can share a few things with you, if that's OK.
    1) Miha Prevec, who owns MP-Molds, relies solely on production of these molds for his living. He came to CastBoolits site a few years ago, and has SOLIDLY proven several things:
    * His quality and workmanship is second to none
    * The molds are primarily BRASS with a few aluminum molds in the lineup. The brass molds are wonderful to work with, since they are great transferers of heat. While they may be a bit heavier than an aluminum mold, they are a beauty to look at, and are amazingly well machined.
    * He is currently the ONLY ONE in the CastBoolits mold manufacturer's Group Buy lineup making what are called "Cramer Style" hollow point molds. By simply and easily changing out guided pin inserts, you can alter (from solid nose to often several different sizes and shapes of hollow points) the resultant bullet. It's like having 3-4 molds (typically) in one. The Cramer Style molds are easy to work with, vs hanging pins, and other ways to get hollow points.
    * His commitment to quality and shipping schedule is spot on! While there are some logistical factors affecting how many people need to sign up for a group buy before production gets scheduled, once Miha commits a mold to the machining and finishing process, that part goes smoothly. This guy knows what he is doing! And, does it well, and on time, and the quality issues are virtually non existent.
    * While his production facility is in Slovenia, quite some distance away..... And, while all of his shipments have to get their way through US Customs...... The shipments have been relatively trouble free and delivered in a timely fashion. The holidays represent the biggest challenge to fast delivery. The Christmas holidays are, WORLD WIDE, the busiest time for shipping packages around the globe. Miha has recently struck a deal with DHL, an important international package shipper. For just a small token amount more ($7 US), you can have your mold/handles/etc, shipped by DHL, and it will arrive very fast, even during the worst part of the holiday shipping rush. The distance from his shop to us, here in the USA, has not been an issue whatsoever.
    * Miha recently added more machinery, and moved to a new and larger facility. He has a good eye on the future, and has certainly made a commitment to us for producing and delivering high quality casting molds and associated accessories. He's also looking at hiring some additional help. It's all good.
    * Miha proudly overruns virtually every Group Buy, making a few additional molds available, even when you think you might have missed an opportunity. However, he doesn't throttle his production by trying to build needless inventories of molds or every sort. So, if there's a mold that recently closed a Group Buy, and you weren't on the official list.... contact Miha, and inquire. Chances are pretty good that he can ship you the mold that you seek. However, he is NOT a "one up" type maker of molds. Don't bother him with an inquiry for one mold that has never been made before. He's not that guy.

So, my impressions of MP-Molds is excellent. And, I intend to continue to not only be a honcho ( the guy who arranges and manages the group buys) for MP-Molds..... I will also continue to be a happy CUSTOMER.
    I hope this gives you some insights as to who this company is, and the guy behind it. You should feel very confident working with him and his honchos.

His web site is HERE

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I have more of his brass molds than I’d admit. I only have his brass molds, so I can only speak about those. They are my favorite molds, hands down. They are more money, but worth every penny. A joy to cast with. If he has the style and weight you are interested in, buy one and never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are a work of art . . . you'd be hard pressed to find a more excellent mould!

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    My first dealings with Miha I wasn't thinking straight about how to pay him, didn't have a paypal account, he was willing to ship me the mold anyway while I sent him Euro's. He didn't know me from Jack so that's a level of trust you don't see everyday. I did figure out how to pay him with paypal.

When you see that freshly machined brass looking like a work of art you kind of feel bad about putting a patina on it to use it. I don't have as many Miha's molds as some here, but every one works like a champ. +1 DukeInFlorida

Boolit Buddy

The current issue of "Reloading" magazine has a good write-up on MiHec. I have several of his moulds, and they are indeed, high quality.

Ordered a mold and received a tracking number
    just one day after my order was placed , in 14 days
    my mold should be here , looking forward to using it .

Boolit Master
    I have a couple of his molds, they are top notch quality.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve ordered just about every mold I couldn’t remotely justify that he produces. They are a work of art

Boolit Buddy

I've bought a number of molds from him starting with his first run on a friend's machinery back in '09 and they are a joy to use. Once, before I even had a chance to use a mould I had purchased, he sent me a replacement because he felt something might have been below his standards. Pretty impressive all the way around.
    Valley Forge

Boolit Buddy
    His molds are fantastic! I have 15 now with more on the way.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Grand Master
    I have 8 or 9 of his molds ranging from his 32-75 32ACP mold up to a 45-230 rf. Two of them are my most used molds. All of mine are HP, since the late O'bama scares when there were no cartridges to be had, drove me to overcoming the bad taste the Lyman HP molds had left and searching for an alternative. Miha Previc's MP molds are excellent. No one makes better. An MP mold in HP will cast 5/6ths as fast as a non-hp mold, as proven to my belief by a test I ran a few years back, comparing An MP H&G 68 conventional, to an otherwise Identical MP Hollow point HP mold. Using proven best practices, I cast for a measured hour with each mold on consecutive days and found I could run 3 casts a minute with the conventional mold versus 5 every two minutes with HP. That is the only pair of MP molds that I have, but the others that I own seem to run about the same. There are a few quirks to mastering production with them , but once you get the hang of it, you can produce up to 500 Hollow Point Keepers an hour from a 4 cavity with pins.

Specific techniques and practices to achieve best performance include cycling the mold to about 400 degrees F 3 or 4 times before first use, preheating the mold before every use and casting hot and fast during use. Heat-cycling the mold before first use builds up a patina on the brass that reduces the tendency of lead to stick to the molds. Preheating before use thereafter is necessary to avoid having a bunch of rejects pile up as the mold comes up to temperature. Running the melt hotter than normal, say 725-750 degrees and casting fast keeps the pins hot, which decreases the time spent dislodging a recalcitrant boolit (with the consequent undesirable cooling of the other pins and mold blocks.)

Once you get in the groove, don't inspect or examine any boolits, just pile those pretty boys up. While you are vacantly smiling at one of those masterpieces of the casting art that you just created, that mold and the pins are losing heat, and your next quartet will not be so pretty. So, find a groove and work it til the lead runs dry, your wrists wear out, or you get called to dinner. Your reward will be a pile of excellent boolits.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 06-07-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I have several of his from 32 to 51 caliber. His molds are exceptional quality. His customer service is outstanding. On one group buy, the tracking showed it was delivered to my address but the mold never arrived at my house. Probably delivered to a wrong address or damaged by the PO and they marked it as delivered to CTA. He sent another at no charge. His molds make casting hollow point bullets very easy.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Master
    I have several of his molds. The group buy could last anywhere from 3-9 months. I only had one issue with him. Some how, my order was skipped over. I emailed him and he fixed it and I had the mold in ten days.
    Waiting for a new one this month and in another group buy. Be patient.
    Leadmelter
    MI

I have maybe half a dozen MP molds and they are truly what everyone else has said, beautiful and cut to exacting specs. Boolits drop from them just like they should. I won't say that they are my hands down favorite because I am a big fan of NOE molds also, I put them both right at the top of mold manufacturers, the best.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Master

I just got a new one from him today, 12 guage Lyman 525gr sabot clone, dual cavity. I can't wait to use it.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a stack of his 8 cavity molds they are like he combined everything about a high quality custom mold with the brilliant Lee style sprue plates handle and added 2 more cavities. Since buying his molds I am seriously thinking of selling off all my other molds.

Boolit Grand Master

They’re worth the price and the wait, if it’s a group buy. They’re really a work of art. Only downside is the weight of brass molds. I lost count of how many I own. Pretty much if he makes it for a cartridge I shoot then I own it. Only downside I can think of is lack of dimensional drawings. You honestly don’t have a clue of how it will fit before it’s in your hands. The good thing is that they always fit and shoot great.

I have some of his molds and you could not find any where else because they are not offer. It works for me with all the pins you can change to or just have 2 different pins in the same mold and can cast what ever amount you want and still be good to go on it all.It all works for me. Also you can use the Lee handles on them with out any problems of the change on the handle .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast