Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Trimmer and deburrer

Trimmer and deburrer

For a while I was trimming 9mm cases to 9x18 Makarov. I have the trimmer with the drill adapter and the Lyman Case Prep. I have since got rid of my Makarov (except for some bullets).
    I am casting and reloading for .380 ACP and 9mm only. From everyone’s experience, would I ever have a need for the trimmer and Case Prep?

Boolit Grand Master

I never get rid of reloading stuff. It's paid for, it's not eating any hay and one day I might need it .
    I had 9mm Luger loading dies for 40 years and no 9mm pistol ...then my dad up and gives me a Walther P38 about 3 years ago... See , I was ready ! I paid $6.00 for them CH dies , on sale back then...and now , when I needed them , there they were !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

gwpercle makes a good point! But, to answer your question, probably not. Most reloaders never trim auto pistol brass and hardly ever trim revolver brass.

Boolit Grand Master

I like to lightly trim my match ammo brass not so much for length but to make it square and uniform this gives much better crimps and may improve accuracy. Ussually only takes a couple thou to accomplish both.

RV, keep the equipment. You will never need it until you get another Mak or end up with some cartridge which can be reloaded wit the Makarov equipment.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Grand Master

On 2 different occasions, I picked up cheap dies of interest, that turned out to be needed for later acquisitions. Having the dies on hand made the transition to a new caliber easy. Like said, never dispose of tools that are paid for. They will eventually be used.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

I see guys who sell a rifle or handgun and immediately start trying to sell the dies and shell holder like they are burning a hole in their pockets. Used reloading stuff doesn't bring much , I never understood why they felt the need to sell the dies.
    I guess it helps to have latent hoarding tendencies if you're a reloader .
    My wife accuses me of being related to a Pack Rat.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

You won’t need them for either of those two. But like others have said, keep the tools. You never know when you will need it in the future.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I see guys who sell a rifle or handgun and immediately start trying to sell the dies and shell holder like they are burning a hole in their pockets. Used reloading stuff doesn't bring much , I never understood why they felt the need to sell the dies.
    I guess it helps to have latent hoarding tendencies if you're a reloader .
    My wife accuses me of being related to a Pack Rat.
    Gary
    I’ve been called a hoarder, pack rat & worst by wife and daughter. They say when I die they will put up a sign saying everything free! They have no idea !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a "tinker" I also keep most tooling -- Never know when a tool will prove useful --
    As to inheritance, I have explained to my heirs what stuff is worth, if they want to throw away good money that is their problem --