RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingPBcastco
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: problem with lee 358 140SWC and Glock 17

problem with lee 358 140SWC and Glock 17

hi all. like title say.

i know it's a round dedicated to 38spl and 357 mag,but i see some of you guys are using it resized to .357 even .358 for 9mm .

what happens is, the rounds resized at .357 don't want to enter the chamber at all. nose kind of get stuck on top of the chamber's entry .

a factor out of my hands being that my buddy loaded them for me because i hadn't time ,he loaded them at coal 1.150 which is too long from my point of view. usually i'm loading at coal 1.130 for this specific gun.

is this specific coal could be the only factor preventing the round from chambering?

or would it be that SWC don't works good in most semi auto handguns?

please guys,take into account that i'm a newbie in the casting world,although i'm reloading since 2 decades, just got started into casting couple months ago.

thanks for your time and answers guys,it,s really appreciated.

Boolit Master
    I load them at 1.12 which is actually pretty long for a flat nosed 9mm bullet. They work in some guns and not in others. You need a barrel with a decent leade in order for them to work. A barrel with blunt rifling that starts right away doesn't work out with these bullets.

DougGuy is a member here who can re-cut the leade on a barrel so that it's a nice smooth transition to the rifling. He did a CZ 75b and an aftermarket barrel for a Glock for me.

Boolit Bub
    Is this a Glock factory barrel or aftermarket? Do the rounds drop in and free from barrel by itself?
    Maybe a picture would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    I load them at 1.12 which is actually pretty long for a flat nosed 9mm bullet. They work in some guns and not in others. You need a barrel with a decent leade in order for them to work. A barrel with blunt rifling that starts right away doesn't work out with these bullets.

DougGuy is a member here who can re-cut the leade on a barrel so that it's a nice smooth transition to the rifling. He did a CZ 75b and an aftermarket barrel for a Glock for me.

oups....seems like this specific boolit for 9mm purpose isn't a good idea then.....reading some old threads about this boolit for 9mm ,looks like the problem is the load density ; adjusting the coal to make sure the boolit will chambers well ,boolit then takes too much space inside the case . then, adjusting the powder load for such load density gives an anemic round instilling keyholing.

not sure i get this correctly lol.

bummer.

Boolit Master
    It's a nice accurate bullet if you can get it to work in 9mm. You are correct that seating the bullet deep enough that it works in every 9mm out there is not really a good option.

I've found 4 grains of Unique in .38 Special is as accurate as anything else out there and it's still a bullet worth having even if you don't use it for 9mm