WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: STM Rebel 17 Kit (Stainless Tumbling)

Boolit Master

STM Rebel 17 Kit (Stainless Tumbling)

I bought the Rebel 17 Deluxe Kit last weekend and it arrived late Thursday. I put it all together and was missing the motor drive pully. I sent an email at 8:37pm and had a reply by 8:45 At Night! "Sorry to hear that will get you one out tomorrow" Which they did and sent a tracking number.

Back to the tumbler. That drive pully isn't much bigger than the shaft and the shaft is a pully with no training wheels..... Bet it would run... Which I did for 3 hours. Followed the Recipe, Dawn and 1/4t Lemi Shine and the brass looks great! When I get that pully it will clean a hair faster. I'm Sold! No more corncob … stuck in the primer hole.

And because it didn't happen without pictures.

Thanks lightman!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STM.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

In Remembrance
    I bought this unit also. Works like a charm. Nice people to deal with. You will love it after you get to using it. The only time I had an issue was with .223 brass. On occasion I would get a pin stuck in the neck keeping the pins inside of the case from empting out. Be sure to level the base as to keep the drum from rubbing too hard on the guide edge of the drive roller. Enjoy.

Boolit Grand Master

You're Welcome! Glad to hear that you are back into the tumbling business! Later on, you might want to experiment with some type of automotive wash and wax. It leaves a protective film on the brass and slows it from tarnishing.

Boolit Master

I changed out the Dawn for whatever is the cheapest wash & wax at wally world

I have some cases that are over three years old since their cleaning and while they have darkened a bit they still are shiny
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Laich View Post
    I changed out the Dawn for whatever is the cheapest wash & wax at wally world

I have some cases that are over three years old since their cleaning and while they have darkened a bit they still are shiny
    Good to know!

I'm a big fan of Dawn but If Left In Contact it will corrode Stainless Steel. I was noticing rust on my stainless steel pump dispensers about the time a notice came through plumbing channels to NOT use it to check gas leaks as it leaves a corrosive film.

The pulley arrived yesterday along with an extra belt. Good Customer Service!
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 06-05-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.