RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: WTS - RH Flint Lyman Great Plains Rifle .50 cal - 1:60 twist bore

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

WTS - RH Flint Lyman Great Plains Rifle .50 cal - 1:60 twist bore

My wife and I have downsized from a house to a condo and moved from the farm in to town. As I get older, I realize that it is also time to give up a few things that I no longer have the time for as I pursue other “projects”. As a result, I have decided to thin out my rifles, as more of my time is being devoted to my pistols and reloading. Due to those things, I am going to be sorting through things and the first one to go is this rifle. I no longer hunt nor is there a range close by where I can shoot the rifles.

This is a very nice Lyman Great Plains Rifle. It has only been fired a few times and it is like new. Bore is pristine and it looks like it just came out of the box. Specs include:

Right Hand Flintlock
    .50 Caliber – 1 in 60” twist for round ball
    Barrel Length – 32”

For those not familiar with the LGPR, it is stocked in walnut, trimmed in iron furniture and has a “hooked breech” for easy barrel removal for cleaning. The barrel is held to the forearm with two barrel wedges. The rear sight is a screw adjustable buckhorn sight for easy elevation changes. Adjustable double set triggers allow the shooter to adjust the trigger pull to their likings whether they are target shooting or hunting. I have shot muzzleloading rifles for over fifty years and I consider the Lyman Great Plains Rifle to be one of the best production rifles on the market today as far as traditional style rifles. This is not a “kit built” rifle.

This rifle has the factory original ramrod and comes with a properly sized cleaning jag. I will also include a couple of spare flints and some .490” round balls to get the buyer started if he doesn’t have any.

This rifle will be shipped with the barrel removed and in the original factory box that will be inside a heavier cardboard shipping box. It will be shipped by USPS and with packing, weight is 11 pounds and it is at the large package rate due to the size of the box. (4” X 11” X 37”) I will be happy to figure the shipping/insurance cost if a prospective buyer wants to PM me with their City, State and Zip Code. (My zip code is 49230).

Currently, Track of the Wolf lists this rifle at $669.99 + shipping. Other supplies may offer it a bit less than that.

Price: $400.00 FIRM plus actual shipping and insurance cost to the buyer’s location.

No trades as it defeats the whole purpose of "downsizing".

U.S. Continental Sales Only Please. I apologize to Hawaii and Alaska but I have shipped heavier items there before and the shipping cost is extremely high due to the distance and delivery time is often weeks. No foreign sales and it is the purchaser’s responsibility to know if it can be shipped to their location due to state or local laws.

Payment method preferred is PayPal – Friend/Family. Other payment methods considered on an individual basis..

Please post an “I’ll take it” and PM with your information and I will PM back.

Tue morning bump . . . .

Banned

Shipping FYI:
    You can break the rifle down and ship in a USPS flat rate box the one that is 6x6x38". It may take 2 boxes but the shipping cost will be under 30$

I've shipped over a dozen+ rifles,stocks and barrels like this.

Banned

Bump for a great factory flint'er and fantastic price. You're not getting a Lyman soon since they have recalled the barrels. I know I have 2 brand new barrels still out to lunch.

Boolit Master
    A most beautiful rifle.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Perrrrty! I hate being broke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas . . . appreciate all who looked. I was hoping someone on here might want it as it is like new and under what they go for . . . but now off to other means of getting it sold. Thanks.

Mods - please close thread - thank you. Jim