Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Questions on LEE's TL309-230-5R 230 Grain

Boolit Master

Questions on LEE's TL309-230-5R 230 Grain

Hello gents,

I ordered this to try in the blackouts... After a few uTube videos showed favorable results.

My inquiry is concerning the forward bore rider section and powder coating.

I have been down this road with the lil 300 before and don't... scratch that...CANNOT seat it deep as its darn near case length!

Any one using it care to comment? All comments appreciated. I went back a number of pages into beginning of last month. So if its a topic previously covered a link would be most appreciated!

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 06-05-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Mold
    I use 2.245 which comes in right under the driving band. Works fine with 1680 for my rifle. Have cycling trouble with my 10.5 pistol. Still working on that..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I love the products but I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews on this particular mold design. You might be better off joining group buy for the Mihec 311-230 Hp mold. It’s designed specifically for 300 blackout

Boolit Master

I've got a bunch loaded for testing. Of those that I've already tested, I've only gotten one load subsonic. Still have more to test. So far accuracy has been acceptable, but not spectacular. I've eliminated a couple of powders due to failure to cycle. I'm not going to say which since every rifle is a rule unto itself. I think one of the "problems" that I'm having getting the velocity down is that all my rounds are PC'ed. That increases the velocity while lowering the pressure. So far, I have no problems with the bullet/design. I'm actually a bit surprised since long bullets usually require higher velocities to gain stability. So far, I've been working with IMR 4198, H110, CFEBLK, IMR 4227 and RL 7. BTW, carbine length gas system, 16 1/2 inch barrel, 1/8 twist.

Banned
    This boolit has been known to run small from the mold and some claim it doesn't like to stabilize under 50 - 100 yards
    I along with many others are really happy with the way -- C312-155-2R 6 LEE-6 performs going sonic over some H110

I like the 230 subsonic over some 700X but moved to 311-232-FN 5 NOE, 311-247-FN 4 NOE