WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indoor range fees?

Boolit Master
    Member of the Tomball Gun Club. Have been a member for over 30 years. The annual fee is $150.00, the membership is kept full and a person wanting to join may take a couple of years.
    Both of my sons are also members of the club. My wife, my wife's sister and I go regularly so the girls can shoot their revolvers. My grandson and I go in the summer while he is out of school.
    Lots of fun, still shoot a lot at the age of 72.
    Make and powder coat all of the pistol ammo bullets. A

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    OP here, I'm going to go tomorrow and check these guys out. They told me I can keep all my brass, and pick up any other unclaimed brass outside the lanes. It's a brand new, supposedly state of the art facility, just opened on Memorial Day. And no, I don't do Facebook but apparently they think it's good for their business model. If I like it, I may buy a membership. I'd rather shoot outdoors (for free) but can't right now

https://www.facebook.com/TimberlineFirearmsandTraining/
    I dunno about you, but shooting outdoors in Texas stops being fun past 100f to me . I'd rather pay a tad more since I "save" all my money reloading.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Anybody in my area need a place... please PM and yall can come out to the farm and we'll do some plinkin... Range fee will be an ice cold coke.

Boolit Master
    Bazoo I’ll remember that offer! 🤗.

The indoors range that I frequent is 20 minutes away and costs $11 to shoot as long as you wish and has electronic target retrieval. Tuesday’s half price cause I’m a ‘senior’. I did just get a 3 month family membership there for $50, and I’ve been stopping by on the way home from work to empty a few magazines .

The outdoor covered range about 25 miles away costs $20 for non members to shoot as long as you want... or a $70 initial membership fee and $130 per year.. and has 5 to 100 yard ranges. The third range that I use is outdoors covered... $14 for non members unlimited time, or $300 to join and $70 per year... up to 200 yard ranges, about 50 minute drive and is actually in the woods where I hunt.

I guess that I should feel fortunate.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    Our local range is indoor only, 8 lanes for any handgun and 4 for rifle but the heavy magnum are taboo due to past damage to the deflector plates. They offer range memberships for either a daily or annual fee. Daily the price is $20, stay on the lane as long as you want to stay, leave your brass or take it with you but do not scrounge brass that was already on the floor. This cost allows 1 shooter on 1 lane. A second shooter on that one lane is allowed for an additional $5, stay as long as you wish. There is a maximum of 2 shooters on a single lane. Can't remember the cost of the annual membership but if you show up one a month you will easily cover the daily cost.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I dunno about you, but shooting outdoors in Texas stops being fun past 100f to me . I'd rather pay a tad more since I "save" all my money reloading.
    Well it sounds like you need to move to Flagstaff, We have never seen a 100* day in recorded history. As I type this at 5:18 am 6/2/18 it's a balmy 37 degrees! Forecast high today is 82*.

Boolit Master

Well it sounds like you need to move to Flagstaff, We have never seen a 100* day in recorded history. As I type this at 5:18 am 6/2/18 it's a balmy 37 degrees! Forecast high today is 82*.
    But it's Arizona! Arizona is hot and inhabitable!

Was just talking to my neighbor yesterday after I got back from an ATV trip into the Idaho mountains and I was lamenting how I missed Arizona. Told him how the roads weren't gated off and there were so many cool things to explore like old mines, ghost towns, homestead sites, etc.

He said he couldn't take the heat. I told him where I lived, it was similar to here only with a milder winter. He couldn't believe it.

I'm always amazed at just how ignorant Americans are of the geography and climates across their country.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Super Moderator

Well, I went out and shot at the new indoor range. It's a very nice facility, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I had was with the overhead lighting. I was having a difficult time picking up my front sight. I told them about it, and they said I wasn't the only one who had mentioned it. Hopefully they will address that particular issue. All in all, it was a good experience.

Boolit Buddy

My LGS has a shooting range and it is indoor and costs $10 to shoot. Retired folks can shoot free on Monday, military and first responders can shoot free on Tuesday and ladies can shoot for free on Wednesday. There are other ranges too but they require a membership and costs a lot more. I can go on our land and shoot for free if I feel like it too.

Boolit Master
    The public range by me is 450 a year plus 15 for a half hour per day use. Max half hour per day. You have to buy your ammo their.

I am a club member at a different place for 75 dollars a year. It has an indoor range I can use 24/7/.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I'm a member of an outdoor "club" that has trap, rifle and pistol ranges. $90 for the year for "family" membership. Every member can bring 2 guests with them to shoot whenever they want. Unsupervised, 1,000 members and it's never crowded. If you do an hour of "work" for the club by cleaning ranges, raking berms, rebuilding target stands etc... they shave a single dollar off your membership fee. I figure I collect 3 to 4 five gallon buckets of brass per year so they pretty much pay me to shoot there. Open year round, heated room in the pistol range for the sissies. 9am to sunset. Yes, I am spoiled.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

ghh3rd, You aint planning on coming to the birthplace of lincoln are ya?

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    Down in SoFla an indoor range can be a blessing in our wonderful 150% humidity and not to mention all the rain we've had the last month.
    One I go to is a gun shop and range. 10 pistol lanes and 6 rifle, all 25 yards with electric retrieval systems They charge $15 per hour, but are not too picky on the time if they aren't busy. For mil/LE it's $9 per hour. They have no problem with me sweeping up brass, and some of the guys will save me some sometimes.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

Boolit Master
    Well, I went out and shot at the new indoor range. It's a very nice facility, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I had was with the overhead lighting. I was having a difficult time picking up my front sight. I told them about it, and they said I wasn't the only one who had mentioned it. Hopefully they will address that particular issue. All in all, it was a good experience.
    How were the fees? Much activity? Are they gun sellers also? How far from the Amtrak station?

Boolit Master

40 years ago when I lived in MA, I belonged to two clubs one was #75 per year the other was $100. Both required time on club maintenance or extra fee of $100. Not to bad but both were over 45 minutes to get to at the best traffic times.

Being a PSO I got to shoot at some indoor ranges for free. In Boston one was owned by a friends father who was a retired cop. I never paid to shoot there and was considered a charter member.

I was also compensated for MIT's range that was state of the art in the 80's!!

Due to circumstances I had to move away to protect my family. I chose rural NH. Indoor shooting begins late November when the snow plow pile is big enough. It is around 10 yards. benefits is all lead is recovered in May.

The sad part is for law enforcement many ranges were available for free and they were mostly empty except for the normal shooter type guys, yep even Law guys some are us.

Now retired and unknown, indoor shooting is only when cold enough and when snow pile big. Although some times old retired LEO's friends do show up and the pile gets assaulted!!!!!!!

Love lead donations I do.

Super Moderator

The fee was 18/hour, I thought it was not too unreasonable. And yes they are gun sellers, I didn't browse that part much though. The Timberline range is on the east side of town past Horsemen's Lodge. I'll definitely go back again

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ti...4d-111.5427341

http://www.timberlinefirearms.us/

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the information. I just can't bring myself to pay to shoot. I'll stop by the next time I'm up that way to take a look.

Boolit Buddy
    The only indoor range I frequent is 25 miles away $20 to shoot all day unless they are busy then they limit you to an hour at a time. No reloads and you don't get to keep your brass. I don't go there often for those reasons. I'm not really fond of indoor ranges anyway or paying to shoot, but if the weather is really nasty it beats nothing.

I've never been to an indoor range. The closest thing I ever been to a public range was when I took the CCDW class they had a range set up on one of the instructors farms. I've always been blessed to have the family farm to shoot. I'd HATE not to have that, so I let all my friends come shoot whenever they like. And i'll extend that to anyone here that needs a place and is respectful and decent.

Boolit Buddy
    The indoor range I belong to is about a 15 minute drive. Ten lanes (50 feet) with target trollies. Cost is $75 yearly plus a $100 (first year) initiation fee. Any handgun up to 50 cal. lead boolits only and .22 RF. No rifle or shotgun. From Oct. thru Mar. they shoot Bullseye, Falling Plates and sporter Rifle. You do not have to be a member to shoot these events. The only downfall is they don't allow guests (except for the above events when the RSO's are on duty). You can pick up the brass if no one claims it and even get a bucket or two of range scrape now and then. Been a member going on 23 years.
    John D

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast