Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Lee custom bullet sizing die-.221"

Boolit Master

Lee custom bullet sizing die-.221"

Thinking of making some "Mexican Match" rounds for the Russian 5.45x39. Want to size down .224" jacketed to .221" with a Lee custom sizing die .221", pull the FMJ bullets and insert good expanding soft point/HP bullets. (The Russian made bimetal HP's don't reliably expand).

Before I order the Lee die, was wondering if the Barnes solid copper bullets in .224" can be easily sized down to .221" with this Lee die? Barnes makes a plastic-tipped solid copper bullet in .224 that might be a good deer killer.

I tried the Hornady V-Max load in 5.45, it is too expensive, and didn't group well. The Tula and Wolf FMJ ammo shoots better.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    I would think it should work OK for lead core bullets, I resized some .323 jacketed down to .318 with a Lee type sizer. I used a Rockchucker and coated the bullets with Lee case lube or Imperial case forming lube. I never tried solid copper bullets but it should work if you have a strong press with a solid table. In your favor is the small diameter which will reduce the amount of force. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk