Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: New utility trailer!

Boolit Master

New utility trailer!

I traded in my pickup for an older 2005 GMC Yukon to pay off some bills and the aftermarket warranty I had on the pickup had some credit I was owed. Got the check for $1700 last week and needed a utility trailer for hauling my ATV, building materials, pontoon boat, yard waste, etc. so I started shopping around.

I originally was just going to get a little 5' x 10' utility trailer but since I'm selling my Jeep, I was considering getting one of those new UTVs, or side by sides. I starting looking at measurements and the ones I liked are a bit wider at 66". A 60" wide trailer wasn't going to do.

Drove around five different trailer dealers looking at configurations and prices. I wanted to spend under $1500. Not going to happen for a quality trailer with sides.

I finally found a 2018 Summit 6' x 10' with a 3500lb axle, fully boxed frame, 2900lb capacity, LED lights, 15" tires, and built in ATV ramps for $1725. It was originally $1850 and came with silver painted wheels. I got the dealer to install black wheels to match my Yukon's. Just got it home!

Should be perfect for hauling toys into the woods and getting landscape materials. It tows beautifully and is very well built. I couldn't believe some of the shoddy paint jobs and welds I saw on the other trailers.

Attachment 221393

Attachment 221394
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    I think 10 ft is going to be a bit short for most UTV’s.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Please do not tie down your atv to the top rails. Install correct anchor points into the floor if not there already.

Ten feet is gonna be a bit short for many UTV’s.

Boolit Master
    Great find, I'm jealous of the high walls. Did something similar and sold off a dual axle 7x16 box trailer for a single axle open trailer that is "contractor" grade with the HD suspension. It was nice to get a 2 yard load of topsoil for the yard and not to have to shovel it out of the truck right away. Here in Virginia dual axle trailers require both brakes and a yearly inspection and as a bonus Dads moving company has officially been closed.
    Last edited by metricmonkeywrench; 06-01-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I think 10 ft is going to be a bit short for most UTV’s.
    The one I want is 61.4" wide and 9.8' long; it's the Cub Cadet Challenger 750.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Just a suggestion, but I would check the load capacity of the tires then subtract the weight of the trailer and spare. This will give you a more realistic idea of the carrying capacity.
    Carrying capacity always comes down to the weakest wink.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Glad it worked out. I bought one ten years ago and use it all the time. Practically built our farm from scratch with it.

Boolit Grand Master

Anchor points in the floor are the only way to go. I bought a flat trailer and built my own sides from pressure treated. Worked pretty good.
    Nice trailer
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    that should serve you very well
    looks like its really well built
    went through the same as you about trailers but decided to keep what I have
    nice score on your part
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often