Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's funny how quickly history is forgotten

Boolit Master
    Free is my price .not many reload in our club but I had to buy 4570 brass as I'm only guy shooting one .mine has only had my cast boolits fired in it ,bought rounds would bankrupt me but free lead and reloading make it fairly cheap to shoot.

Boolit Master

I belong to a small uspsa range. They do not pick up their brass and leave a lot of live rounds behind. At the end of a stage they must clear their weapon. I picked up several boxes of 9mm. I use it for practice. In one year I picked up 107 lbs. of 9mm brass and 40 lbs. of 40.

Boolit Master
    I enjoy finding orphaned brass as this tells me what the most recent trends are for calibers. The continuous flow is still autos v. revolvers, semi-auto rifles v. all others, must be a lot of ninja and preper types out there, also several signs of new shooters just getting into the game. Closer to hunting season I find all the usual favorites in calibers plus the occasional surprise. These give me a smile that there can be a few dedicated riflemen out there even in the remote locations, unless they are just there for hunting season.

Boolit Master

I think that much of the scrounging and saving during the hard times was people who "planned" to reload, but never bothered to get past thinking about it, and perhaps a few folks looking for trade goods as someone else pointed out. I don't wonder that we might also have MORE people shooting now that prices have come down a little on ammo due to the massive production rates and hoarding both coming to conflux.
    Bulldogger

ADMIN

What I run into here is that the ones that are leaving their brass don't reload and 1/2 of them are pay to shoot players.
    Meaning they buy a box a ammo at the range, shoot it all up and leave.
    No ammo in gun when they arrive, no ammo in gun when they leave.
    I have a friend that did just that.
    His gun was kept unloaded and he had No ammo.
    I gave him a 30 cal ammo can loaded of 38sp 125 FPRN lead reloads
    told him NOT to shoot it. just to hold on to it just in case.
    Its still sealed on a shelf in his garage right now.
    He still goes to the range empty, buys a box, and leaves empty

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    You'd really be surprised at the weight of used primers that most throw away. If your press collects and delivers the dead primer via a hose, just direct it into a jug. I have 3 X 2 litter bottles full and working on another.
    I also save spent primers and I even dump the brass shavings left over from case prep into the primer jug. I know, its a very minor amount but I still do it. I often wonder how that scrap brass gets recycled back into other products? I occasionally deprime a case with a live primer and I try to keep that live primer out of the recycle bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by wulfman92 View Post
    In a small town in rural Wyoming, I have to make a choice when I go to the gun range. Whether I'm going to spend my time shooting or spend it picking up brass! I'm not sure how it is nation wide, but some folks forget we had to pay top prices for brass during the last administration. I can't believe all the shiny brass people leave behind.
    Folks have extra cash. When it's plentiful, who cares?
    Plus new shooters are constantly coming to the market.
    I love it. The vast majority of Americans have had it. They all want firearms.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

The West Virginia boys don't leave any brass. I might find a casing once in a while hidden/overlooked in the grass.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

We have brass containers at both the clubs I belong to, had to put locks on them because the non reloaders were emptying them of everything right down to .22 long rifle brass to sell for their own gain. For a number of years they were open containers and if you reloaded and saw something in the bucket you could use you where welcome to it. The leftover was sold for scrap and the cash rolled back into club improvements. I've put over $2000 of free money back into the club since I started the brass recycling 10+ years ago. The thieves are now locked out to the detriment of the handloaders in the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12