RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very sad day for me

Boolit Master

Very sad day for me

It’s a very sad day for me. I buried my German Shepherd today. She had been my loyal companion for almost 16 years. I loved her dearly and she is deeply missed by all who knew her. Anyone who doesn’t think that dogs have feelings need only look at my two Bullmastiff’s mope around the house looking for their friend Duchess. Good bye my friend till I see you again on the rainbow bridge!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Try to remember the happiness you shared with your friend .

Vendor Sponsor

Condolences my friend .. it takes time to get over the loss then go searching for a new companion
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    I'm afraid I'll be walking that path all too soon with our old dog. God bless you!

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear that. I had to put down my yorkie last year after 14 years. Wasnt fun for anyone in the house.
    Even though I had another dog my wife recently ended up adopting border collie from a military family. Father was getting deployed and his daughters cancer came back so he decided to put him up for adoption as they couldnt give that dog proper attention. I wasnt crazy at first as i wasnt ready for another dog but now I'm glad she took him in. Really good and smart dog. Never had a border collie but this one seems really intelligent and hes becoming my buddy following me everywhere. I called him "Ruger"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	221360

Super Moderator Emeritus
    My prayers to you and your family as the loss of a friend of those years is a hard as loss of any friend.

Boolit Grand Master

My family’s condolences on such a huge loss. We lost our 16 year old lab Scout to a stroke a year and a half ago. We were so blessed to have her in our lives and I’m sure she has blessed your family equally. Hold on to those times brother as they seem to bring out the best in us.

I am so sorry for your loss. My avatar is a GSD named Samantha....best **** dog I have ever known and my traveling companion. I can't imagine life without her...and GSD are SOOO smart! So sorry!

Bill

Boolit Master

The pack will be weaker without her; but the strength of what she taught will remain!
    Everyone’s grief is unique; but I also but down our sheapard the best dog ever , he protected the girls and livestock when I was gone ,he laid under my killed hanging in the barn so nothing else would eat them , he defused a trespassing situation before it went ugly; I did not believe the guys story; everything about him said “threat” the Shepard barked at him once and went over and sat down leaning against the guy and wagging his tail! We’d had a rash of tool and ATV thefts in the area; this guy had a broke down quad and a chainsaw; he really was the ladies nephew who owns the property behind us who lives in Spain, he wasn’t a thief or threat and our Shepard knew it!
    When he passed I had a massive pallet fire to thaw the ground, we burned some sage and in the spring put an apple tree over him; our current dogs do not lift their leg on that tree. It’s if they know that a mighty pack member lays there!
    Another time a neighbors Great Dane got loose and decided that because our goats ran from him they must be game or sport; our Shepard again could tell this intruder didn’t mean harm just doing what young male dogs do, so he ran into the field took that Dane by the throat and marched him all the way home; never broke skin, never let go. When the Dane was back in his yard; 1/4 mike away our Shepard let go ,barked once and that Dane laid down on his back and showed his belly.
    I did not mean to High Jack your thread of loss; just wanted to share memories and let you know that even though your lady is gone what she left behind can never be taken!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    My thoughts and prayers go out to your family at this time. Sorry for your loss I know its hard...........................Curdog

Banned
    dogs are one of the very few beings/creatures that can/will love you unconditionally. It is a great sadness that their time with us is so short. Like all we have loved that have passed, they will always live in our hearts.

Boolit Buddy

Sorry for your loos. They become family, great friends!

Boolit Master
    We're hoping to put off walking in your shoes as long as possible. Timber was diagnosed with bone cancer about 2 months ago. We have him on some pretty wild herbs and supplements, hoping to stave off the cancer spreading.

A piece of my heart goes with them when they leave me.

poppy42, you have our deepest, most profound sympathy.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    I want to thank everyone for their kind words. There’s so many stories I coud post about Duchess, but today I can’t. It seems that when I start to talk about her I find I have a hard time seeing.it seems that something gets in my eyes and my vision gets blurry. I would just like to end this post by saying that I’ve always felt that dogs make better humans than people! I’ve never had a dog steal from me, lie to me, cheat me, turn their back on me when I was down or Desert me when I needed them the most. I can’t say that about most people I’ve known, including family and some I’ve called friends. The exception to that has been those members of this forum I’ve had the pleasure to have contact with.
    My wife and I Thank you all so much
    Ray Jankoski
    Poppy42
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

A good dog reminds us to be the person they think we are. Hardest thing is at the end doing what is best for them and letting go. We do it because we owe them that for the love and devotion they have given us.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    well you actually give me hope that my German Shepard can make it a few more years , she is 12 and the vet started preparing us for her passing , thing is she has hardly even started slowing down.

I wonder if anyone who thinks there is a better dog has ever had a German Shepard. I have never had a better dog.
    Whatever you be , Be a good one

Boolit Master

Very sorry for your loss! I have a 12yr old lab/great dane mix that doesn't have much time left and I am not looking forward to the huge amount of emotional pain that is coming.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I think of myself kind of tuff but tears came to my eyes when I read of your loss. Dogs are such great great companions. Try to remember the fun your pupdog gave ya.

Sorry Poppy.

Been there. Took me years before I could talk about. More years before I could even think about getting another dog.

Take the time you need.

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your loss... pets are family to me and when I lose one it leaves a hole in your heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast