Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PPU headstamp 38 Special

Boolit Master
    I always deprime before cleaning, then tumble with pins. I won't put a dirty case in my dies. Stainless pins clean the primer pocket as well as the inside.Yes, it is an extra step. And yes, I do have a progressive. What is better? Running that junk from the primers thru my progressive or depriming and cleaning before running them in my dies. Just food for thought. By the way, I use a Lee decapper and haven't had one yet that didn't come out, and I've run a lot of PPU's through that decapper.

Banned
    Fortunately I don't have a lot of them. It's not a huge problem but it sure is annoying when one makes it into the progressive press. The primer bulges but doesn't come out of the casing, that locks the casing in the shell plate and locks the shell plate up. The easiest solution at that point is to grab the casing with a pair of pliers and rip it out of the press. If I can catch the offending casings before they make it in the press, I can easily de-prime them off the press and they work fine after that.

The brass is fine once you get that first primer out. I've culled most of them out of the lot.

Boolit Buddy
    I am wondering if the web of the case head is slightly thicker that the decaping pin gets stopped before completely pushing through the case with the spent primer. Or perhaps your sizing die is backed out enought that the decaping pin does not complete the job with the stroke.
    It is just a thought. I have had similar issues with brass but I don’t recall if that was ppu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12