RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Gunsmith price in the ozarks

Boolit Master

Gunsmith price in the ozarks

every now and then someone asks me where to get a gun repair or blue done and how much I think they would charge for the job. I recommend Goodsteel for the blueing but I myself got to wandering what is going price for simple gun repairs. There is a fellow local but I would not trust him but he needs a wage also and I don't ever plan on using him myself. What are smith prices nowadays?
    Look twice, shoot once.

Being an independent small business, gunsmiths set their own rates, usually depending upon their experiences/costs - and no two are usually the same.

Ergo, only someone who patronizes a local gunsmith wherever would have a small idea of that gunsmith's rate(s).

Brownell's has surveyed their customers & gunsmiths, to come up with a general guide that can be taken into consideration when looking at gunsmith fees:

https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/m...ricesurvey.pdf

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    every now and then someone asks me where to get a gun repair or blue done and how much I think they would charge for the job. I recommend Goodsteel for the blueing but I myself got to wandering what is going price for simple gun repairs. There is a fellow local but I would not trust him but he needs a wage also and I don't ever plan on using him myself. What are smith prices nowadays?
    I too recommend Malcolm Ballistic Tool (Tim Malcolm AKA Goodsteel ) for all things Gunsmithy. As far as Bluing, I had a Model 12 completely redone and the job cost a mere $100 and was a beautiful deep blue (not done by Goodsteel); done locally.