MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedex failed claim

Boolit Master

Fedex failed claim

A week or two ago I bought a new power supply unit for my computer off of a third party seller on Amazon for $110. It never showed up. It was listed as "delivered" but that's a bunch of baloney since there were four adults watching for it all day. We never left the house. It's not possible that it was stolen either because we live in BFE nowhere at the end of a dead end road where we have known the few neighbors we have for decades. No one is gonna come down that road unless they live down it.

Well, we filed a claim the day it was supposedly delivered. They declined it since "our system shows that it was delivered". That's a bunch of bull. What recourse short of taking them to small claims court do I have? The money part sucks, but really it's the principle of the thing that chaps my behind. They made a mistake and either delivered it to the wrong address, or they lost it somehow. They are not taking responsibility for their screw up, and worse than that they are calling us liars by saying it was delivered.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by am44mag; 05-29-2018 at 11:40 PM.

I would call Fedex and tell them they are WRONG. If you paid by credit card dispute the charge giving full details and then call the credit card company and tell them do not pay this charge. Also you want to see who signed for the package, name time etc.

Boolit Grand Master

If you haven't already request a tracking number and go to the FedEx site for details. You may be able to get helpful details from the delivery notes. Be persistent, sometimes it pays off.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I've had the same problem with fedex claimed the package was delivered nowhere to be found a few days later it appeared on porch someone got it and brought it by it wasn't any one on my block so have no idea where it was delivered. fedex is almost as bad as usps.

Boolit Master
    Fed Ex delivers here without a signature unless is is requested by sender, but haven't had a problem. I would CALL the supervisor of your local Fed Ex distribution center. Failing that, contact Amazon, then credit card company and dispute. Amazon refunded our money for a shipment for someone who refused to accept a return because we had opened the box. Amazon did this even though it was a third party transaction. They want to keep a good name.

Banned
    It's pretty common in rural areas for fed ex drivers to scan items as delivered and then wait until they are actually in your area to deliver .

It's a fed ex scam that's mostly done with Amazon packages that are guaranteed two day delivery .

I went through this with a laptop battery, Amazon made it good. They gave a month for it to show up even though it said delivered, then when it didn't they refunded my account.

If you haven't contacted Amazon, do so. You will have to wait, but you should receive a refund.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've started claims before, and have found out they were delivered by the post office, rather than Fedex. Since I don't go down the mountain often to check the mail, I didn't know it had been sitting in my mailbox. Just another time in my life I have felt like a ****ed fool.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    I have the same problem with USPS. Bought a 2 die set and a single die and my post office received the shipping label from the package but no package. Bought it on fleabay and they contacted USPS and were told it was at PO ready to be picked up. Case closed and my lost claim to USPS is now in the 3rd month and no answer. It seems to be the OKC hub because both packages were sent to them and were lost after that.Do not give up, keep pestering them until the problem is resolved. I send a lost claim to USPS every 2 days on the same 2 items and they will reimburse me or I will keep sending lost claim forms to them for eternity. Sorry for the rant but it ticks me off. Pissed off Oily

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I have a $10 item (laptop power supply), which I ordered off the FleaBay, shipped FedEx and supposed to then be delivered by USPS. My postal mail box is a LOCKED box, it has certainly never been dropped in there, but they marked it as "delivered" and it's not there and hasn't been there. I ordered another one, it arrived cheaper and far fater; the seller on the first one has gotten attitudinal at me on this. So I have to go through the appeal etc. process; FedEx keeps doing this baloney and I am to the point that I won't buy things if Federal Extra Lost is involved in shipping them, now; Enough is enough. At least the one arrived and I can finally USE my darn laptop!

Boolit Master

I'd work through Amazon. They see the bigger picture.

Boolit Master

We had an Amazon package reported as scanned and delivered to the Kalispell house last month. Not there; searched the porch, driveway, Entry Gate (Where UPS,FedEx, and sometimes USPS will hang packages in a plastic bag); and Nothing. Talked to neighbors, and nothing. Tried to start "Claim" with Amazon (No way to initiate a Claim for item reported as delivered as far as we could find on Amazon); and three days later we get a call from a "Neighbor" about 7 miles away on a different Rural Road with the same Number as ours; asking if we ordered XXXX from Amazon; they had our package. Funny, a week later we had a package from Amazon for the same people; mis-delivered again with the correct number and road on address label; but dropped off at correct number but Wrong Road (those same neighbors 7 miles away).

My observation is that we have isolated work responsibility away from the "People" who work at various occupations (Parcel delivery, restaurants, stores, etc..) and replaced it with "Scanner, GPS, Software" responsibility instead. Can't fire the "Scanner, GPS, Software" in today's world.

Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

We got a package once that was addressed to a lady in a neighboring town. It came at the same time when we got delivery of an identical item that we did order. The lady's address was on the package but the delivery scan bar code label had our address on it. Automation at its finest there. I called or maybe I chatted the local office ( it's been a while ) and they said to put it on the porch and someone would pick it up and it would get delivered to the right place. I could have kept it and no one would have known, or cared, except that lady would be looking for her package. All that goes to reiterate that their system is quite flawed and it is possible for packages to go astray for multiple reasons. It is a wonder so many do make it to where they belong.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Moderator Emeritus

fedex has become a joke where I am. They dump packages anywhere and everywhere BUT the house they belong to...

Boolit Master
    You should also file a complaint with The Interstate Commerce Commission they will give them some grief.
    jim

Boolit Buddy
    Your recourse is through the seller of the goods. They paid Fed Ex, so they are the party to file the claim for the lost package.
    I have been through this a couple of times, and I will no longer have goods shipped to me using FedEx. You as the receiver of the package will have no joy filing the claim.

Boolit Master

it was likely delivered, just not to you.

I was setting at home, taking a day off work waiting for a rifle. had the door open watching for the truck. got a text notification that the rifle was delivered. ***? it was delivered all right.. to someone across town.

I was getting static untill I asked for a name and contact info to give to the ATF when I filed my lost firearm report.. and then casually mentioned that I hope the driver didn't give the gun to a minor or felon who then committed a crime as that might be legal trouble for them... dirty pool yes.. but it worked... they somehow figured out the FU and got the gun to me an hour later.

Boolit Master
    work through the seller , amazon has the power to move fedex.
    Whatever you be , Be a good one

Boolit Master

Agreed, its not a sealed deal till its in your hands.

Boolit Master
    We are in the process of talking to the original seller (not Amazon). Maybe he can get things going on his side with Fedex. I'll probably give them a peace of my mind too before this is over. I will NEVER use them again unless I have too. I've had minor issues with UPS and USPS before, but nothing even remotely like this.

If all else fails, we'll get into contact with Amazon. Thanks for the advise fellas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast