RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fedex failed claim

Boolit Master

I have a camera that points out on my front yard, it in a second floor window. It records every car that pulls into the driveway or any car that drives down our private road, I'm the first house. I see drop offs but more importantly I will see anyone trying to take something off my porch.

Boolit Master

Of course your claim failed. Only the sender can file a claim. You're not the sender you're the recipient. Of course you paid for it, but that doesn't matter. The seller paid FedEx so the seller is the FedEx customer, not you.

Have the seller file a claim, or better just get a refund from them.
    Last edited by HangFireW8; 06-03-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

FedEx, UPS only the shipper can submit a claim.

Seller who submits WILL be denied.

Have your seller/shipper submit if bought through Amazon place a claim to Amazon who cares about the actual supplier, not me.

Boolit Master
    We had the seller file a claim. Not sure how that went, but we got our money back.

I will avoid FedEx whenever possible for now on.

Boolit Master

My biggest issue with FedEx is they have no local depot for will call/hold/pickup. Meaning I can't order anything adult signature, if it is shipped FedEx , unless I want to take a couple days off work to set him and hope it gets delivered to the correct address.

Boolit Master
    THOSE INCOMPETENT IDIOTS DID IT AGAIN!

Sent in a rebate to Hornady on some free bullets (well, I had to pay shipping, but free enough), and guess who they decided to use to mail $70 worth of 6.5mm bullets? You guessed it, FailEx. Caught their screw up pretty quick this time, called their customer service reps, and gave them an earful about this driver. They're going to contact his hub and him tonight and call us back. They're gonna learn by God.

Boolit Master

What most don't know about fail-ex is they don't actually have company paid drivers like UPS does. Or any kind of union. They use contractors that buy their own trucks, then train the drivers. They work just for the contractor, not FedEx.

My great nephew works for such a contractor. He likes the fast paced work, is well paid ,(well not like a UPS driver).

There's a big mall ,(well big as far as Appleton Wi goes), that has pickup and delivery on the same day. The one nephew got his brother a job with the same contractor, his job was that entire mall. Just a couple days of training, then here ya go get er done! A couple of screw ups of not picking up one stores outgoing packages, you're fired!

The turn over is high because of the high intensity, fast paced work and almost no training.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

But look at how much $ they are saving! :/

Banned
    It is correct that it is that senders obligation to file a claim. According to the law as I understand it (working with eBay for nearly 20 years) The seller is responsible for the item until it is in your hands. So, although it is not the sellers fault here, they are still legally at fault. They must pressure FedEx to find the package and get it to you. You simply get your money back from the seller and let them handle the whole thing. According to my understanding THAT IS HOW IT WORKS. If it turns out that you have to get your money back, you can get probably get a much better deal for your power supply on eBay. Just sayin...(I have been building computers since 1996 and am A+ certified)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    It is correct that it is that senders obligation to file a claim. According to the law as I understand it (working with eBay for nearly 20 years) The seller is responsible for the item until it is in your hands. So, although it is not the sellers fault here, they are still legally at fault. They must pressure FedEx to find the package and get it to you. You simply get your money back from the seller and let them handle the whole thing. According to my understanding THAT IS HOW IT WORKS. If it turns out that you have to get your money back, you can get probably get a much better deal for your power supply on eBay. Just sayin...(I have been building computers since 1996 and am A+ certified)
    Believe it or not, that WAS a good deal. That was a $140-$150 PSU that was on sale.

Legally that's how things work, but in practice it's a matter of how much of a headache you cause them. Two separate Facebook posts (one on FedEx's page) that blew up, and a call every day seems to be putting pressure on them. They are making a note that we are having habitual problems with this driver, and they are going to make him retrace his steps and find that package. I'd rather not have to deal with Hornady over this as they don't have the same kind of zero effort customer service issue system that Amazon does. I have no doubt they'd make things right though. We're supposed to call them tomorrow for an update.

Doesn't FedX track their vehicles real time?
    What time was the package delivered?
    Where was the truck at that time?

There's your answer to where it got dropped.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

FedEx must have some tracking capability. One of their drivers gave a rifle I ordered to someone. Took a little browbeating but when I asked who ATF could use as a contact person for the missing rifle, they managed to find it and retrieve it and get it delivered pretty quick. So it -Is- possible.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    FedEx must have some tracking capability. One of their drivers gave a rifle I ordered to someone. Took a little browbeating but when I asked who ATF could use as a contact person for the missing rifle, they managed to find it and retrieve it and get it delivered pretty quick. So it -Is- possible.
    They found it because the driver knew where he delivered it to. They routinely deliver my packages to a house up the street from me that’s on the South side w/ the same house number. The people that live there have tried to keep the packages. And the FedEx driver has asked me if I would go up there and ask for my packages. The last time this happened was w/ a $5k set of custom wheels for one of my cars. A call to the branch manager had the wheels in my possession that afternoon. The driver knew he delivered them to the wrong house but was unwilling to go get them. I gladly pay more for UPS delivery.

Boolit Master

Same here, UPS has a local hub and I have an account. I can hold it, etc as soon as a lable is generated. Text,email updates, etc. I much prefer UPS.

Boolit Master
    They're still browbeating around. We've gotten into contact with the hub the driver works out of and gave them hell. They called him and he was "too busy to talk right now".

Banned

Their scanner has GPS built in. They know exactly where each item is dropped off. USPS even sets off a alarm if they drop off at the wrong location according to my mailman. He can not even stand out at the street he has to get close to my house so the alarm does not set off as the wrong address.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Their scanner has GPS built in. They know exactly where each item is dropped off. USPS even sets off a alarm if they drop off at the wrong location according to my mailman. He can not even stand out at the street he has to get close to my house so the alarm does not set off as the wrong address.
    GPS can be either direct broadcast feed from the satellite constellation (The type of GPS one finds in Garmin products for hunting/fishing/etc.), or a GPS feed linked from the Cell Tower systems of your cellular phone, in which case the Cell towers are a "Known Location", and through triangulation and signal timing the specific location can be determined (This works for GPS Tracking systems for vehicles also). In the Cellular based GPS systems, if there is no Cell Signal, there is no granular/specific location GPS Tracking (Other than "Last Known Location"). So for rural areas with poor, or no Cell Signals; or for "Dead Areas" due to micro geographic conditions (Signal shading from a ridge, ravine, etc...) the specific location can be degraded or translated to a "Last Known Location". Technology is great; but not perfect in all conditions. At our Moapa Nevada, and Kalispell Montana homes - there is no Cellular Signals; so GPS tracking is either offline or degraded; even though the UPS/FeDEx/USPS/etc.. drivers scan the packages when picked up or dropped off.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Amazon has done that to me but on there end. I returned a item and they said they never recd. back. I used the shipping label Amazon provided so I could not track it or file a claim from my end. Anyway, I payed my bill and stopped buying from Amazon ? Amazon prices are not all that great anyway. We all should stop buying on line.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenbender View Post
    Amazon has done that to me but on there end. I returned a item and they said they never recd. back. I used the shipping label Amazon provided so I could not track it or file a claim from my end. Anyway, I payed my bill and stopped buying from Amazon ? Amazon prices are not all that great anyway. We all should stop buying on line.
    The shipping labels usually have a tracking number on them. The ones I've used before did. As for buying online, I don't like driving 3-4 hours to get some of the stuff I need...

Well, we caused enough of a pain in FedEx's you know what that the driver called us at 9pm on Friday and promised to go find the package and deliver it on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

Boolit Master
    Finally got this mess resolved! I got my order of bullets today AND the PSU that had been originally lost. Don't know where they were, but no one had opened anything. It was all still sealed.

We had already been reimbursed for the PSU by Amazon, not sure how that went for the seller though. They had to file a claim after ours was turned down. We'll check in on that and see how it went. We might end us sending that PSU back to them. We already got a replacement so I don't need it anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12