Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ditched the Satellite for an Antenna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    Which Ebay antenna? I need to try one for my cabin in the North woods.
    Just do a search for - digital antenna 150. You'll come up with several.

Boolit Buddy
    Here is a good forum for information on over-the-air (OTA) television. There is a lot of good information on antennas and setting them up.
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php

Boolit Bub

I sent all my Dish **** back to sender almost a year ago, between my DVD collection and streaming services, I am more then good.

Cut the cable over a year ago. Antennae TV is enough. I hated paying for programming and advertisement that went against my Christian faith. That horrible stuff still comes on antennae TV, but I simply change the channel happier that at least my dollars aren't paying for that hogwash.

I negotiated with Direct tv down to the fewest channels and $33 dollars. Told them if and when it goes higher they may come and get their property. It has been like that for about four years now. I have tried four antennas that do not work. Huge trees all around may be the reason. I have a fifty foot tower that I will not climb or pay someone to do it. Eighty Three and counting. Now hunting is a different matter. I have a good climbing rig that should the whole tree stand fall I can lower myself to the ground slowly and very easy. To begin, I shoot a small line over a chosen limb, tie to a larger line, etc until the main line is positioned and secured. Then I climb the homemade one and a half inch tubing ladder while adjusting the tension on the main line each step up. Never did cotton to just a safety rope only for when and if something broke, there you are hanging in the tree. How do you suppose you can get down. Hope you have friends nearby to check on you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12