Thread: 410 India made Ball tight fit

here you go ..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-03-30_160004_410_Metalic_Shell_Primer_Conversion_and_Loading.GIF 
Views:	39 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	222561

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    What drill bits do you use to convert to 209? I am trying to find an RCBS .410 shot shell sizing die. Then I can use my 22lrreloader.com kit to convert to small rifle primers.

Are you sure your Indian Enfield is still chambered for the musket round ? 9 out of 10 that have crossed my path have been bored out for .410 shotgun cartridges, either 2.5" or 3"

That would explain the symptoms you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by MotelAlpha View Post
    I did fire a couple (6) yesterday, and the biggest gripe is you have to rotate the cartridge a couple of times to get them to go off. They must be made for a heavy striker. Accuracy..none worth mentioning. Will now attempt to remove the primers and fix for shotgun primers since MAGTECH is still back ordered. seem there was a fire at the factory in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    What drill bits do you use to convert to 209? I am trying to find an RCBS .410 shot shell sizing die. Then I can use my 22lrreloader.com kit to convert to small rifle primers.
    15/64, then a much larger one to accommodate the rim.....works perfectly

Boolit Buddy
    Made the same modifications to steel Russian shells but for a different gun; Saiga 410 autoload shotgun. These guns won't feed 2.5" shells from their 3" mags but cycle the steel case shells very well (these shells are made specifically for these guns). Used fiber 45 caliber wads made for BP shooting and standard plastic wads and loaded them with 444 Marlin dies. Seem to shoot fine. Also made shot shells out of 444 casings for the 2.5" Judge revolver; don't work so well due to the step in the cylinder required for the 45 Colt shell. Very hard to eject.

Boolit Master
    Just fired 20 in my Enfield @ 25 yd. Looked like 6" group low right. Mild recoil. Fun.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Buddy
    Just bought a case of these from the Lucky Gunner website. Very neat wood box, in fact I don't want to open it because it looks so retro. Maybe buy a second case and open the one that is in poorer shape!
    Have one of these Enfield's and want to try the correct load in it. Have shot it with standard 410 shot shells and it's OK, but nothing special. Has no choke and 0.5 oz loads don't have a lot of shot.

Also got a box each of S&B's new 410 loads (2.5 and 3") loaded with buckshot and BB shot. Need to try those also. 2.5" is for the Judge and the 3" shells will be for a Sagia 410 auto or the Mossberg pump. Have not seen these shells offered anywhere else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123