Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Case Stockman ??

Boolit Master

Case Stockman ??

I have a older Case Stockman
    Not sure how old as my Grandfather gave it to my a WHILE back and I forgot exactly when

It rides in my pants pocket all the time and all to often I wash it with the pants

Well I am 99% sure it happened in the washer LOL

The Case Logo on the Bone Handle has come out and as best I can tell
    Is lost

Not a huge problem
    But I would like to get another one to glue back in place

I was looking at a newer Case Stockman I have .... sort of the one I carry in my dress pants

That Case Logo is Oval
    The Case Logo on the older one is almost round

Any Clue where I can get the Logo ?
    Other than shipping it back to Case
    As IMO this isn't a warranty problem
    IMO it is more cosmetic and I would feel it was wrong to ask Case to replace the Logo , when there is nothing wrong with the knife

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Bub
    I would at least contact them. Tell them what happened and they may at least get a logo to you. It never hurts to ask and I’ve always known them to be a good company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I’ve found them to be helpful as well and they may just send you one, they replaced the stacked leather handle on our family heirloom case xxx sheath knife!

Case will put a new logo in it for your free of charge if you mail it back. It will cost bout 3 bucks to send it back.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Case will put a new logo in it for your free of charge if you mail it back. It will cost bout 3 bucks to send it back.
    Oh Great
    I ordered Ready to use Blades to make several fixed blade knives

LOL So sending another knife out should be easy

Thanks

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Buddy
    If you would like to find out when it was made:

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com...dentification/

Its a pretty common problem for case shields to come up missing. I had one that was missing the shield and returned it a few years back, although now... I cannot remember which knife it was.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    The Boker tree on my fathers congress was lost, I contacted their customer service and they an they asked if I knew the date it was purchased which was middle '60s. Three days later I had the (tree) in my hand.

Pappy carried that knife ever day of his life for 30 years and Boker is OK in my book.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

I had a tree brand for a while that was of about 60/70s vintage. It was given to me by a friend. It had been his moms, I passed it on to his son, also my friend, after a few years of whittling with it. It would take a keen edge.

Boolit Master

Tree brand Boker is a fine company. I had my daily carry knife bought in the hardware supply company I used in the early seventies. My beagle pup ate the walnut scales off it. I asked to get them replaced and to leave the blade on it as I had sharpened it so many times it was not now a drop knife but looked like a sheep's foot one.

Two weeks after shipping it back to Colorado they sent it back it was like new but had my old original blade. The letter said we fixed the scales and re-heat treated your blade then contoured the cutting edge. Please enjoy your knife. NO CHARGE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Tree brand Boker is a fine company. I had my daily carry knife bought in the hardware supply company I used in the early seventies. My beagle pup ate the walnut scales off it. I asked to get them replaced and to leave the blade on it as I had sharpened it so many times it was not now a drop knife but looked like a sheep's foot one.

Two weeks after shipping it back to Colorado they sent it back it was like new but had my old original blade. The letter said we fixed the scales and re-heat treated your blade then contoured the cutting edge. Please enjoy your knife. NO CHARGE
    You can't ask for more than that. Outstanding service.