Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sitting in the woods...

Friday morning my wife and I were both up and wide awake early. Grabbed a couple of rods, threw some flys and jigs in a box, couple of cold drinks, some ice in the cooler. Went for a 30 mile drive and sat for 4 hours on a public access dock fishing.

Anytime we got bored there was always a flock of little bluegils, perch, crappies hanging out around the dock.

We brought home just enough to have a fish dinner. They were not big, but they were very fun and very fresh. Very good eating.

Spending a morning watching the sun come up over a northern minnesota lake, light breezes, a couple of boats and a canoe launch. Well that was pretty prime IMO.

Was feeling lazy did not feel up to messing with boat, kayaks or canoe. Maybe next time. Soon as the weather settles a little bit.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice looking rig you’ve got there

Got two shotguns, two CF rifles and a smokeless muzzleloader ready for a range trip in the morning. Played with the dogs and stayed inside to miss the mid 90s heat.

Cancelled bbq at my son's place, his mom got called into work. I cooked her food for when she gets home at 2 or 3am.

I thought about all the folks i have known who served this country in the armed forces. There are several of them that I never thanked for their service and now it is too late to do so.

BB

Boolit Buddy
    Simply cooked sous vide pork chops for my family with grilled asparagus and baked potatoes on the grill. 96 degrees here today so was a chore to get grilling done but worth the effort. Thanks to all who have served to keep this country great!

Boolit Master
    Among other things I did yesterday, the most interesting was getting dive bombed by a robin, as I checked on the babies in the nest. Mama robin made a nest right between the intake and exhaust pipes for our furnace. It is about 4-1/2' off the ground, safe from predators. The robin actually smacked me on the head.
    Last edited by CastingFool; 05-29-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Boolit Master

Got ticks? Chiggers? They often want to give you something to remember the day this time of the year! That Wilkes Co. or down south?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Grand Master

Yesterday, met friends at a local BBQ restaurant for lunch. Then He and I went to a local minnow farm to ride the levees, shoot snakes and sip on a few beers. The Wives went back to my house and got into a few margaritas. Afterwards we sat in the shop door, watched the sun go down and shared a nice barrel aged stout. Actually two!

Thanks to all of the Veterans that made this possible.

Boolit Grand Master

I always loved sitting in the woods. I have a couple of stands in the bottoms. The trees have not been cut, yet, and I see and hear lots of interesting things. Love to get there 30 minutes before daylight and hear the world as it wakes up. I just wish that I could get around like I once did!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I always loved sitting in the woods. I have a couple of stands in the bottoms. The trees have not been cut, yet, and I see and hear lots of interesting things. Love to get there 30 minutes before daylight and hear the world as it wakes up. I just wish that I could get around like I once did!

I was often the first out on the lake in the mornings, barely light, mist rising from still water, glass smooth, loons calling, and so quiet you can hear cabin doors slam from 3 miles down lake... never feel closer to god than times like that! After people wake up the noise level out on the water actually rises to a low background of lawnmowers, doors slamming, boat motors...

Hey there Love Life ... sounds really nice since we all need these moments to stop , look around , my favorite past time in this area with it's history also .
    Hope you are doing well these days , went out with a friend that lives in your old "neighborhood" , we went up the side of the mountain to the transmitter tower area on top .
    Roughly 7000 ft give or take , aspen tree groves amoungns't the pines and pine nuts ...not a soul around , Sierra beautiful ! , just west of Holbrook junction, the zig zag road up the mountain.
    Set up a couple targets and let loose a few rounds , stopped for a bit and had a grateful moment for those that sacrificed all .... with that , we can enjoy our freedoms and this country we have.
    Grabbed a pic or two of your ex neighborhood .... just as we stopped to take a pic , a 3 or 4 year old brown bear stepped into the road in front of us, trotted down the way and off down the low side of the road.
    Topped off the day with that as mostly see them around the Tahoe country , taking advantage of the tourist.
    Any how ...
    Attachment 221285
    Attachment 221286
    Maybe spot your old house ? .. got a better shot but could not download for some reason .. Topaz lake also , could have gotten better.
    Digger
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Had friends over today after 6:00 pm ( after work for them) a did a knifemaking session # 2 (#1 was last week) . The family consists of husband an wife two grown daughters and Taylor, the older girl's friend. The two guys wanted me to teach them how to make a knife. We worked until about eight oclock with very good results on their part then quit to have supper that was furnished completely by the wife and girls. main course was a potato/beef casarole with salad and fruit in a half watermelon shell. Fine way to finish the day with good friends. We have been friends for about fifteen years. Showed them all the reloading stuff and made an impression. Showed Taylor a couple of pistols, 9mm and 45 acp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12