RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitting in the woods...

Boolit Master

Sitting in the woods...

It’s a beautiful day down here in Georgia with off and on again rain. Reckoned I would go sit in the woods and see if any hogs needed killing today. Sure is peaceful out here with the birds chirping, squirrels scurrying, and the soft patter of rain drops. Plus I get to read Cast Boolits as well, lol.

What is everybody else up to?

Boolit Master

Shot an indoor bench rest air gun match this morning, dropping 5 points
    on a 15 point shot put me in 2nd place.
    When the competition is that close it's fun!!!!!!!!!
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master
    My wife and I took her sister out to lunch. She stopped here on her way up from Florida, where the storm was hitting...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

Hope your able to connect with one LL. I’m just recovering from a long night shift and getting ready to go back in. Not looking forward to the drive in the rain.

Moderator Emeritus

my day?
    Gardening, then I took in the local Memorial day service, then back into the garden.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I watched a coyote walk by and took pictures!

Boolit Master
    Ran errands. Bought a HF 1 1/4 cu ft cement mixer to use as the motive power for my trommel im going to mine my berms with. Went to sams club. Forgot to go to home despot i guess ill go tomorrow.

I would love to hunt feral pigs. They haven't made it to Co. All the places I have heard about in Texas charge.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    I rode my bicycle 54 miles with a friend of mine, tiled the middles in the garden got soaked by a storm. Setting here drying out!

Boolit Master
    I'd rather sit in the woods than about anywhere else I can think of. I spent today sitting out listening for turkeys. They got off to a little bit of a late start this year and they're still making up for some lost time. I got one on the second day of our season and now I'm carrying a gun but not shooting anything. I saw two gobblers strutting in front of half a dozen hens this morning and didn't even shoot. Guess I'd rather just look and listen at this point. I must be getting old, I'd rather look than shoot anymore. Just nice being out.

Burned a brush pile that's been needing it for some time, then cleaned out the garage so my wife can park her car in there. Man, the things I do for that woman. Good Luck LL.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I watched a coyote walk by and took pictures!
    Now that is a coyote with a charmed life!

Boolit Master
    sit on the back porch watching a pair of Blue Jays feeding their young in the big pine tree. We got some rain last evening first real good rain since last September.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    It was pretty neat. It walked up and stopped about 30 yards away and stared at me. I stood up, took my phone out, took pictures, and put my phone away and it just stood there. I drew my Vaquero and aimed in, and then lowered the hammer and put the gun away. It finally trotted off when it got bored of looking at me. I guess they don’t get much pressure put on them around here.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like a great day, LL. Sitting in the woods for awhile is one of my "Reset" buttons. I feel better just reading your posts! Funny that the coyote let you move around that much. Never seen one that curious, suspect you're right about the lack of pressure.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Vendor Sponsor

I BBQ'd some baby backs yesterday, not gonna let any rainstorm spoil my holiday plans.. Today, just chilled and let the rain have it's way..

THANK YOU to all current service personnel, all veterans, and all gold star family members who may read this post, here is my message this Memorial Day:

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

Saw some turkeys, we have quite a few on the property. Got one of my P89s race-tuned. Ready for most anything. Lot of colorful birds chirping away. Time for a pipe on the porch.

Boolit Master
    Sent 30 powder coated Lee 310 gr boolits down range from my Ruger SBH 44 Mag. My wife accompanied me at the range for the only the second time in our 20 years together. She fired a couple of my .22’s. Afterward she actually said that she found it relaxing. Maybe there is hope for having her as a shooting partner now and then.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Spent a few hours shooting paper targets at the gun club.
    Mostly .357s and 10mm.
    A few .270 rounds after my son sighted his new to him M700 in. Nice rifle.
    Next range trip will probably be a .45Colt kind of day.

Boolit Master
    I was carrying 45 Colt today. Lyman 452423 over a stiff dose of unique is good medicine for everything I’ll come across down here!!

I was hoping to see some pigs as I have seen a lot of sign on the property, and I drove past a 10 pig sounder about a mile from the property last night. Two big sows and a mess of little pigs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46CA0E1E-D268-4C56-A76E-5985B7B7568E.jpg  
    Last edited by Love Life; 05-28-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Cleaned up my uncle's grave site(and my grandparents). He was killed in Korea in 1953. Helped ID a Sioux Uprising unknown grave today also. It is an ongoing project we help with every memorial day. Local name so there may be surviving family who will be glad to know where that person is laid to rest.

Got home, removed a mouse hotel from my Traeger smoker, burned off mouse stink for an hour then made a sirloin roast to slice thin for sandwiches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast