RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Lock and Lube grease gun coupler

Boolit Master

Lock and Lube grease gun coupler

Anybody tried one of these. Are they worth the money? I can get lube in the control arm bushings if I remove the wheel but who wants to do that.

Boolit Master
    I like them, I have over tweety fans I grease every quarter and all the other every day tasks.It has held up well.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6509-D_med.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	221236

This is what we used on the farm with good success for years. Still use it on the suspension of my pickup.

Never used one that locked on any more than the standard spring loaded end.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post

Name:	6509-D_med.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	221236

This is what we used on the farm with good success for years. Still use it on the suspension of my pickup.

Never used one that locked on any more than the standard spring loaded end.
    I had one of these and it finally came apart on the swivel lock last year after about 25 yrs. service.Robert

Boolit Master
    Univerco model 3102!

Best thing since sliced bread when It comes to greasing things. Worth every penny for the quality kit it is.

Name:	se-480605-c.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	221267
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Bub

Been using the lock n lube for about a year now around the farm. It works great.

In Remembrance

Last year I was in my local TSC farm store buying regular grease gun fittings. On the back of the blister pack card was written: Caution, the state of California has determined that this object causes cancer!Robert

Boolit Master
    I've got mine on order and should be here next week. I've battled greasing this truck for the past 3 years. There's only 6 grease fittings on this truck. I can get to all of them without too much trouble but getting grease in a couple of them has been a pain. I hope this takes care of the problem.

They work fine for me so far. There are a couple places I have found I could not get them on due to the larger diameter but I have adapters I can use to get those fittings. My one got some water on it and rusted so it wouldn't work right. I loosened it up and cleaned the rust and it works fine again. Don't let them rust.

Boolit Master

Grease it when you rotate the tires perhaps? 7 K is ok time to re-grease.

Boolit Master
    I got the coupler 3 days early. Threaded right on the grease gun hose. I pumped the handle a couple times and had grease at the opening. I turned the steering wheel full left and without getting under the truck pumped once and saw a little grease. I pulled the coupler off and cleaned the grease off. Put it back on and this time it was sitting straight and fully seated on the zert. 2 pumps and no sign of grease and the dust boot swelled. Got the lower control arm bushing done in 30 seconds. 2 minutes later the passenger control arm bushings were done. DARN RIGHT! I'm not happy about spending $30 on a coupler. But it sure works.

I have a Lock N Lube and I really like it. it is worth every penny. Makes lubing the tractor a breeze.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I got the coupler 3 days early. Threaded right on the grease gun hose. I pumped the handle a couple times and had grease at the opening. I turned the steering wheel full left and without getting under the truck pumped once and saw a little grease. I pulled the coupler off and cleaned the grease off. Put it back on and this time it was sitting straight and fully seated on the zert. 2 pumps and no sign of grease and the dust boot swelled. Got the lower control arm bushing done in 30 seconds. 2 minutes later the passenger control arm bushings were done. DARN RIGHT! I'm not happy about spending $30 on a coupler. But it sure works.
    Sounds like a winner to me.

And that $30 will be a whole lot cheaper than ball joints, tie rod ends and whatever else you need to occasionally grease.

Just out of curiosity, what brand do you buy?

Boolit Master
    I'm using Green Grease. My first synthetic and appears to be what was used before I bought the truck.

Banned
    I'm sorry, my mistake, what brand coupler did you buy?

Boolit Master
    Sorry about that. It's sold as the "LocknLube" coupler. Actually made by Gurtech but the price is the same wherever you buy it. Comes with a spare seal kit. Shipping is included in the price too.

Banned
    Thanks, Looks like a winner.