Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Cartridge Crush: .303 Savage

Quote Originally Posted by topper88 View Post
    With the new Hodgdon LeverRevolution powder increasing velocity while decreasing pressure you can't go wrong. What's old is new again.
    The boost from LeverRevolution and the 99's friendly to pointy bullets magazine have crossed my mind as likely making an interesting secondary load with a light, pointed, mono-metal at somewhat high velocity practical.

A 190 cast thumper and a 130 copper screamer the little retro round never had it so good.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

I have to confess that I wasn't fully aware of the market impact of growing 99 collector interest and ranks.

It's going to take more hunting than I first thought to find one too ugly for the collectors but solid enough for me.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Banned

They're out there, just gotta be patient.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use the RCBS 30-180 at .310 with excellent results for plinking. I've not managed to find a deer while carrying it, but perhaps after I move to Virginia. Mine dates to 1906. I had to replace the stock when the original was broken in a fall.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_001.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	221785
    Last edited by rintinglen; 06-08-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm a big fan of the Savage .303. Have a 1928 era '99 takedown with a Lyman 30 1/2 rear sight. It shoots ten shot groups into a bit less than two inches at a hundred. It likes 9 grains unique and 311291. I also shoot the same charge with 311241-154 into another quarter inch. Cool gun that is a lot of fun.

Nice to read about the good cast loads, especially that 9 of Unique - already use that with good results with 158s in .35.

That makes for a lot of rifle loads per pound.

~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12