RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a 3" model 60 pro.....

I have never seen a model 60 with a 5 inch barrel but would like to handle one some day. It sounds like a real treat.
    Don't feel too bad about losing the revolver. It sounds like it went to a good home.

The 5 inch Model 60 which was released just a few years ago was the best revolver I have handled for "instinctive pointing". it seemed to just find a shooters NPA with either a two handed grip or a one handed extended point. Maybe not S&W's most popular because it was a model 60 5 shot (ccw favorite) with a long barrel which stymied many folks concealed carry methods but it really had other things going for it. Hard to find on the used market now.
    regards,

Boolit Buddy
    I owned a 3"and a 5", still have the3", the 5" was neither fish nor fowl.

Boolit Master
    60-10 is my favorite hiking, backpacking and around water like fishing or boating gun... Found a second one that has a Mag-Na-Ported barrel that was supposedly a Lew Horton Special but I have never called to confirm.

Found a like new extra .357 Magnum cylinder on GunBroker and sent it to TK Custom to be rechambered for .38 Super. It will also run 9mm if moon clips are used...and will still shoot .357s...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007_zpshyo3dapx.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	221772

Name:	070_zps6zsxpum0.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	221773

Name:	072_zpshipygtpk.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	221774

Name:	073_zpsjadcwlot.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	221775

Great "little" guns....

Bob

Found a like new extra .357 Magnum cylinder on GunBroker and sent it to TK Custom to be rechambered for .38 Super. It will also run 9mm if moon clips are used...and will still shoot .357s...
    RJM52, that's a very versatile M60 you've got...nice work, never thought of having one re-crafted for more utility. How's it shoot with the Super loads? Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfac View Post
    RJM52, that's a very versatile M60 you've got...nice work, never thought of having one re-crafted for more utility. How's it shoot with the Super loads? Rod
    .38 Supers would not fit in the .357 cylinder? In the 1970's a friend's Govt model .38 Super was stolen and he had lots of ammo loaded. We shot most of it through his Ruger Security Six .357 and my Blackhawk .357. Maybe Ruger made sloppy chambers? Anyway- they shot ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Through the help of friend Dale53 a couple of years ago I became the proud owner of a NIB Model 60-4. Once I got rid of the poorly conceived “grips by Goodyear” and installed a set of ebony smooth combat finger groove grips it is probably the most natural handling and pointing gun I own. While I still love my little I-frames and my K-22 & -38’ the Mod 60 is just “right” in my hand. Needless to say it wasn’t “NIB” for even 24 hours afte I got it!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

I have certainly used my 60-4 over the years. It is the perfect “side gun” carried crossdraw while bird hunting with a shotgun. I have taken a bushel basket of cottontails, snowshoe rabbits and the ocasional wounded grouse with that fine piece.

Froggie and I certainly share a lot of respect for that model. “Great minds travel in like circles”😜😜😜!

Dale53
    Last edited by Dale53; 06-18-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Good lookin' M60, Dale...Btw, the Lyman 450 I bought from you years ago is still cooking up good boolits. Take care, and Best regards, Rod

Boolit Grand Master

Rod;
    Good to hear from you!

That Model 60 has been an excellent performer. Contrary to my good friend, the Green Frog, I LOVE the issue grips.👍👍👍

All the best to you and yours,
    Dale53

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12