Graf & SonsTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationADvertise hereStainLess Steel MediaMidSouth Shooters Supply

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4840 USD (81%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****


Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Hobby machinist forum members ?

  1. #1
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    93

    Hobby machinist forum members ?

    I used to be a member on the hobby machinist forum .
    Then got banned because I dared to disagree with Nelson the owner .
    But that's not why I'm here ... only because I can't post there .

    If you are a hobby machinist member please send me a pm .
    I'd like some info ..

    Awhile back a h-m member posted up a big long sob story about how his girl friend left him and he was going to lose his shop because of her bills .

    Well a collection was made and quite a large amount of money was sent to him ( 7-9 k ) to save his shop .

    Well this morning while perusing Craig's list I found this same fellow now has his entire shop listed for sale .

    I'd like some more info please if there is any ... or at least someone to let the members there know about the for sale shop .
    I wouldn't mind having my money returned to me either .

  2. #2
    Boolit Master

    sparky45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE, KS
    Posts
    1,731
    Hey Redneck1, I'm a member over there and there hasn't been a post to that thread for a few months now.

  3. #3
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    93
    Yea I figured as much ... https://youngstown.craigslist.org/tl...600082909.html

    There's the Craig's list listing , I sent a inquiry but I doubt he answers

    Just a note ... he had edited the post since my inquiry to now say he is wishing to "downsize"

    There was no mention of that as originally posted .

  4. #4
    Boolit Master

    sparky45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE, KS
    Posts
    1,731
    I posted the Craigslist listing on H-M with a note that I hope his health improves. I'll probably be a banned member soon myself.

  5. #5
    Boolit Master
    nekshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    swmissouri
    Posts
    2,824
    if yo want your money back you never "gave" it. You still are attached to it!
    Look twice, shoot once.

  6. #6
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    93
    Thanks sparky I appreciate it .. I do hope it doesn't cause you any problems over there .

    And to the mods here ... please do feel free to delete this thread if it is inappropriate or at the slightest sign of controversy.

    Nekshot
    I fear you are correct in more then one way .

    But I gave the guy some of my hard earned money to "save" his shop
    Not for him to turn around and sell everything .

    Even someone in bad health and looking to downsize to mini machines doesn't sell all his tooling and measuring equipment.
    It just rubs me wrong

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    664
    I have been in similar circumstances, and have learned that Nekshot is spot on. You did what you did to help a guy out. If it was a scam, or if his circumstances changed, doesn’t really much matter it terms of you being a quality human being.

    That said, I’m not that good at it. Often when I help someone in a material way I lose touch with them, that way I suppose I’m not tempted to judge them for the decisions they make that might be different than mine.

  8. #8
    Boolit Man fivefang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Nye County
    Posts
    141
    Amen to that!!, Fivefang

  9. #9
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    93
    Jimb

    Up until I found the Craig's list posting I hadn't ever given it a second thought , the amount of money I gave is minor and isn't the point .
    It's the principal involved .
    It has my hind end chapped enough I am thinking about making the drive to Mercer pa and getting an explanation in person .

  10. #10
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    Jimb

    Up until I found the Craig's list posting I hadn't ever given it a second thought , the amount of money I gave is minor and isn't the point .
    It's the principal involved .
    It has my hind end chapped enough I am thinking about making the drive to Mercer pa and getting an explanation in person .
    I understand, really I do, but I assure you that you’ll get a better result if you just assume that he’s not morally bankrupt and that his situation changed in a way that required him to liquidate. Not to say that I’d go so far as to write him another check, but give him the benefit of the doubt even if you’re pretty sure that it’s fiction.

    Consider that you don’t know the details of his life, maybe he’s diabetic and it turns out that he needs to get a foot chopped off, or maybe his daughter was in a car accident and is in a coma, or maybe his house burned down. Odds are that he’s scum, but you gain nothing by proving that to yourself and you aren’t likely to change him, so just accept that you did something nice to help someone in need and let it go.

    BTW, there was a time I’d have offered to buy the gas for the trip, but as they say, wisdom comes from mistakes. One day many years ago I dropped what I was doing and drove a couple hundred miles to chase down someone who had wronged a close friend of mine, two of us almost died that night and very little was accomplished. Most importantly, neither I nor my friend felt any better about the situation. I can’t honestly say that I’ve let it go, but I believe that she has and that’s all that matters.

  11. #11
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    93
    A change in circumstances is more the understandable, but I just can't get past thinking that if everything was on the up and up a person interested in doing the right thing would let everyone who was involved know what's going on .
    Especially after his constant statements to the effect that his shop was what he lived for and was the last thing in his life he'd ever let go .

    Live and learn I guess , I won't lose any sleep over it .

  12. #12
    Boolit Master

    MrWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE West Virginia
    Posts
    1,781
    A few of us have had issues helping others. The other day a guy came up to my father and I and asked for money for food. I gave him $5 and my father said he is probably a millionaire. I said it doesn't matter as I know I did right. Just sayin.

  13. #13
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    93
    I'm over it ... thanks to sparky45 the members over there know what's going on and that's enough to make me happy .
    Just another fool to wash my hands of .

    Karma will take care of the rest .

  14. #14
    Boolit Master am44mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    A few of us have had issues helping others. The other day a guy came up to my father and I and asked for money for food. I gave him $5 and my father said he is probably a millionaire. I said it doesn't matter as I know I did right. Just sayin.
    I will occasionally give money for the same reason. Whether that person is scamming me or not, I'm doing right by the Lord. That guy will have to answer for his actions one day, I won't.
    ______________________________________________
    Aaron

  15. #15
    Boolit Master


    mold maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Piedmont (Conover) NC
    Posts
    5,222
    Personal scams and fake charity requests are now the norms. Many used to get a few bucks from me, but I found out where most of the money goes and I quit. Now if I don't personally know where the money trail ends, I just say NO. The companies that collect on behalf of honest needs usually absorb the majority of donations in operating expenses and very little ever makes it to meet the proposed need.
    Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I've done without in order to meet someones else's greed too many times. You can bet when my phone rings after 4:45 in the evening, there will be a WORTHY charity on the line, requesting,,,,, NO using shameful tactics to extract funds in ammounts my family can eat a day or more with.
    I've never asked a dime from anyone, and I'm tired of being put upon. I have a T shirt printed with "NO find another sucker".
    Information not shared. is wasted.

  16. #16
    Boolit Master
    Traffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central Wisconisn
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    I understand, really I do, but I assure you that you’ll get a better result if you just assume that he’s not morally bankrupt and that his situation changed in a way that required him to liquidate. Not to say that I’d go so far as to write him another check, but give him the benefit of the doubt even if you’re pretty sure that it’s fiction.

    Consider that you don’t know the details of his life, maybe he’s diabetic and it turns out that he needs to get a foot chopped off, or maybe his daughter was in a car accident and is in a coma, or maybe his house burned down. Odds are that he’s scum, but you gain nothing by proving that to yourself and you aren’t likely to change him, so just accept that you did something nice to help someone in need and let it go.

    BTW, there was a time I’d have offered to buy the gas for the trip, but as they say, wisdom comes from mistakes. One day many years ago I dropped what I was doing and drove a couple hundred miles to chase down someone who had wronged a close friend of mine, two of us almost died that night and very little was accomplished. Most importantly, neither I nor my friend felt any better about the situation. I can’t honestly say that I’ve let it go, but I believe that she has and that’s all that matters.
    I agree with JimB here. It reminds me of another 1911....Proverbs, 19:11 "A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense."
    AKA hans.pcguy

  17. #17
    Boolit Master Trinidad Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad, Colorado
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    I'm over it ... thanks to sparky45 the members over there know what's going on and that's enough to make me happy .
    Just another fool to wash my hands of .

    Karma will take care of the rest .

    Karma WILL take care of the rest. You did the right thing, take comfort in that.
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check