WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Sheridan "Blue Streak" Racine, WI. Made in USA

Boolit Master

Sheridan "Blue Streak" Racine, WI. Made in USA

Back in 1997, I was given the air rifle by an elderly gentleman, along with a pack of 5mm pellets. After 21 yrs, I pulled it out of the closet, and cleaned it up. It has a beautiful walnut stock, and rich blue. Along with the above markings in the title, it has a small # of 5691K, on the left side of the receiver. I oiled it, and fired off some pellets today with just 5 pumps. It sure shoots good.
    I read that Crosman purchased Sheridan years ago, so this was made prior. I can't find out much information. Any Sheridan experts here that can help me with date of manufacture, value, etc?

Boolit Master

Here's a link to Crosman's website. Scroll down and find Sheridan rifles and pistols. They give numbers and don't mention the letter after the number. To me it looks like it could be 1972.

https://www.crosman.com/discover/cro...-product-dates
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Don't ever sell it.
    Stock up on pellets while you can.

I've had my "ol blue" since the early 70's. We've killed a lot of blackbirds, some rabbits.
    I've used it for 4 house cats that were "ready to go".
    I was raised old school. I don't believe in spending 200$ or more for a vet to send your pet on.

For one thing all 4 of those cats were raised in the house, did not go outside, or for car rides.
    To put an animal through all that fear, terror so you can save your own self some pain. Never felt like that was fair.

So all 4 were safe at home, being loved, had just had some good treats, and were purring up a storm when it was lights out. My way, yeah and my pain. Its part of the contract between you and an animal in your care.

I think ol blue would be very close to the last to go. We have a lot of history together. I refinished her stock a few years back. Original was stringing off. She's shining in true oil now, looks good.

I did buy a spare some 4 years back on gun broker, paid 150$ then. Would expect to have to go to 200$ now days.

If all else fails, a blue streak just needs pellets. No powder, no primers, just pellets to put meat in the pot.
    To me that is a really nice little ace in the hole. And living up in Fargo ND ol blue does not need much of a backstop to be shot indoors with just 2 pumps. At 20 feet she will still put 5 into one ragged hole smaller than a dime.

Good enough for me.

Boolit Master
    I've been looking around , and think the # I gave is not a serial number, but an inspectors # from 1969. The air gun reeks quality . I looked at EBay, and saw one similar at 350.00. Crazy, but I guess availability rules. It's going to be used to shoot noisy doves.

Try different pellets, mine shoots the H&N's the best. Find the best then stock up. Since they quit making the silver/blue streak rifle, pellet availability/variety has dropped. The best shooting out of mine are already obsolete and virtually impossible to find, even on fleabag.

I use mine for off-hand practice.
    Last edited by 15meter; 05-28-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    My brother still has the one he received as a birthday gift, probably around '62 or '63. Very accurate and far more powerful than the Benjamin .22 pump pistol I had.