Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gander is back.

Gander is back.

I walked in and was pleasantly surprised at the real world pricing. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and want to stay competitive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Hmmm, i always did enjoy window shopping there. Great looking store with a great diverse selection of everything and was one of only a couple stores within an hours drive that carried reloading stuff. Prices were horrid though so never bought anything them unless it was a sale going on for something i been keeping an eye out for. Its hard to find a good sporting goods places. Academy sports and Midway usually get my business. Green Achres is another place i can get lost in, but their prices are outrageous. Wife makes me give her my credit card and then she makes keep one hand in my pocket and then she holds my other hand. Luckily my gun range has a members only reloading section that has a reasonably powder selection at 22 a lb and primers at 32 a case.

Thought they were moving for more of an online sales scheme?
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Where is that one located Texas by God? There's one supposed to be opening up in the Spring area, but no word on the other Houston former locations.

They have a long way to go to earn my business back

Their store on the northside of Dayton, OH is shuttered.

BB

Boolit Master
    They came into Utica, Syracuse NY and put all the small shops out of business. Then closed the doors. Very little in the lines of gun shops left in the wake.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    Where is that one located Texas by God? There's one supposed to be opening up in the Spring area, but no word on the other Houston former locations.
    There was one on Westhimer not to far from Dairy Ashford if I remember the cross street right. When I drive by it on the way to work I can't see the front so I am not sure if they are reopen or not.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master

i will never set foot in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Boolit_Head View Post
    There was one on Westhimer not to far from Dairy Ashford if I remember the cross street right. When I drive by it on the way to work I can't see the front so I am not sure if they are reopen or not.
    Yeah, that's the one I used to go and "window shop" in. The one in Spring had a great indoor pistol range. Got my SR22 from that one...just had to have it.

Yeah, that's the one I used to go and "window shop" in. The one in Spring had a great indoor pistol range. Got my SR22 from that one...just had to have it.
    Yeah I went in once right after they opened and when they said they would not get any relading stuff in I left and have not gone back.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Boolit Master
    They opened up one here in Tampa that lasted for a year or two before closing up. The prices were high, but I lined up a few times outside of their door for 22s when they weren’t available, except for there. I scored a few times... my boss also enjoys shooting and understood why I came in late once in a while.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    ps Sparky , I like my SR22.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Did you slide him a box of 22's when you came in late?

Boolit Master
    “They” are not the same them they was before.

The old company burnt, capsized, sunk, filed bankruptcy and sold e v e r y t h i n g including the door bumpers in the restrooms. The new guys just bought the name, intellectual property, and location, location, location. Then their CEO said something about Trump supporters didn’t need to shop there. Then I was perusing their website and it doesn’t show any of those “Assault Rifles” or “High Capacity Magazines”. Not a necessity but a 2nd Amendment canary in the coal mine.
    I’ll be visiting their new store in Shiloh PA this weekend. They get one chance...

Boolit Grand Master

It’s not the same company. The old one went completely under. The CEO of the new company has a penchant for bringing back companies. He liquidates everything that the old one had, rebrands and slowly opens up new stores. He’s done really well at it. I haven’t heard about him mentioning Trump supporters. So now I need to search that one out. My point is that it’s not the old store. It’s under different ownership.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Gander Outdoors opened here in York, Pa couple of weeks ago.
    Prices on firearms seemed more reasonable than the horribly overpriced firearms at the former Gander Mountain.
    Not much in the way of reloading supplies and no used guns on hand.
    I didn't check the prices on ammunition or the price and quality of the clothing they sell.
    Employees seemed to be friendly and willing to assist customers.
    I will check back in a few weeks or months and see if used guns and reloading supplies are going to be part of their business model.

Boolit Master
    Don't know why a businessman would open a chain of outdoor sporting and hunting goods stores and then tell certain potential customers they are not welcome and expect to be successful.

This one is in Lake Worth, Texas. I didn't notice if they sold AR15 style guns, but they had parts to assemble one. A sample price is a 50 rd box of Aguila .22LR standard velocity for $2.50.
    I was on a spying mission- didn't buy anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Then their CEO said something about Trump supporters didn’t need to shop there. Then I was perusing their website and it doesn’t show any of those “Assault Rifles” or “High Capacity Magazines”. Not a necessity but a 2nd Amendment canary in the coal mine.
    I’ll be visiting their new store in Shiloh PA this weekend. They get one chance...
    Looks like there's something to this, Rick R. Online shows no ARs or AKs. In fact, I didn't find any centerfire semi-auto rifles on their website during a cursory search. But I also noticed their selection was very limited. I did find one type of 30 round magazines for ARs and AKs each. They are really pimping their "good sam" memberships...so we can get a "discount". Gotta say, NOT a fan of that.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    This one is in Lake Worth, Texas. I didn't notice if they sold AR15 style guns, but they had parts to assemble one. A sample price is a 50 rd box of Aguila .22LR standard velocity for $2.50.
    I was on a spying mission- didn't buy anything.
    That's fairly close to where I'm working now and staying, I'll probably swing by since its so hot next week. Would rather be fishin' or shootin'!
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast