Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: In need of youth stock for a mossberg 500 maverick 88

Boolit Master

In need of youth stock for a mossberg 500 maverick 88

I had the chance today to shot some Trap with the guys at a local range. A few years ago my set of Remington 1100s got stolen so the only shotgun I had to take was an old bolt action or my mossberg 500. Naturally I picked the mossberg. Having not shot this gun more then once many years ago I quickly remembered why I always used my 1100s.

The Length of pull is just to long to suit me. SO I am looking for a shorter LOP for a Mossberg 500. If memory serves me they made two sizes standard and youth. I am looking for a Youth in decent shape or something similar that will fit the 500. Money is a little tight but I will pay for it, if you can price it reasonable. Please PM me with what you have and how much you need to get for it. Thanks in advance Outer.

Oh if I measure from the receiver to before the butt pad on the stock it comes in at (around 11 3/4"-12"
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    You and I have the same problem about stock length. The regular 500 stock was too long. When I tried handling a Mossberg Maverick with youth stock, I discovered that it was too short. My solution was removing the very thick recoil pad and then cutting off 1 inch from the stock. Then I installed a suitable slip on recoil pad and achieved the right length for me.

Boolit Master

We did the same for dads 500; cut 3/4 inch stock off and slip on limbsaver. It was night and day difference!

Boolit Master
    Might have to give this a go. Last shoot I took a huge chunk out of my finger. Not even sure I will be able to shoot next week.
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.