Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Pacific DL 155 question

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

Pacific DL 155 question

How is the drop tube locked so it won't move? It is also the wad seater and I want to keep a certain wad pressure so I don't want it gradually shifting up. I put a magic marker line on it for a visual indicator if it should shift but it seems rather bizarre that it doesn't have a lock nut of some sort.

I found a schematic and there is no provision for a lock of any sort that I could find.

Any thoughts?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    How is the drop tube locked so it won't move? It is also the wad seater and I want to keep a certain wad pressure so I don't want it gradually shifting up. I put a magic marker line on it for a visual indicator if it should shift but it seems rather bizarre that it doesn't have a lock nut of some sort.

I found a schematic and there is no provision for a lock of any sort that I could find.

Any thoughts?
    The drop tube is threaded into the powder and shot drop casting. You just twist the drop tube to set the wad pressure, it has a fine thread so it is not likely to move. I have. never had the setting inadvertently change on mine in over 45 years of use. I love my DL-155 APF the press is bullet proof and it resizes every shell.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Thank you for the response. I suspected as much since the magic marker line never moved but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Indeed the DL-155 APF is a fine machine. I MUCH prefer it to any MEC I have ever used, especially the crimp die.

Heck, I prefer the lowly DL-105 to any MEC as far as that goes. I like them so much I set one up for 28 gauge. Made my own sizer die ring, decapping pin, shell plate, drop tube and adapted a crimp die from a 366. Works great.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

I have a Pacific DL 266 that I bought new many years ago, with 12 and 20 gauge dies. Works like a charm, you just have to be alert like you do when loading pistol or rifle shells.

Have a blessed day,

Leon