Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: She runs!

Boolit Master

She runs!

I got my PSA 9mm ar back from PSA and all is well,so between rains I took it to the 25 meter pistol range just for a thorough ringing out, so 350 rounds through different magazines ,the ammo a mix of federal brass federal aluminum case and wolf and silver bear steel case and some speer hollow points without a hicupp ! Before I moved to 50 and 100 it started raining again and the battery on my red dot died , it’s okay it was an old battery in an old sight. So far Ive been very impressed

Banned

mine had some hiccups in the last week. Problem came from pc coated almost pure bullets. With the about non existant feed ramp the bullets would hit under the feed ramp and deform and sometimes stop the gun. What I did was take a dremel and cut a bit better feed ramp. I also found a bit of problem after about 300 rounds with light loads running a 100 percent. Seemed like the bolt would slow down a bit to much. I took out the short pistol length buffer spring and put in a standard carbine spring to give a bit more push on the bolt when returning to battery. After that it ran another 200 perfectly without cleaning. Went home and came back the next day with a 150 more rounds intentionaly with a light bullet (a 100 grain rf bullet out of a group buy mold purchase) I figured if anything would trip it up that light bullet would. Didn't have a single issue. So its now gone 650 rounds without cleaning. About half of those were conventionaly lubed bullets so it sure isn't clean! Accuracy testing so far has been extensive. The hiccups kind of put the kibosh on the accuracy testing so ill start that Monday. I think I'm going to leave it dirty and see how many rounds it will go. tell you one thing. there isn't a more fun gun in the safe!!! cool thing too is the round count in it is well over 2k now and I think about the almost 200 bucks ive saved just in buying bullets if this were a 556! the rest of my ar's even my 16 inch 9mm are getting pretty lonely!

Boolit Master

It sure does bring a smile ; maybe my most fun gun right now

Boolit Master

Glad yours is up and running. And I need to start casting for mine. I jumped back into the 9mm game with both feet! And can see another in my future!

Banned

allways said my cmmg 16 in 9mm was the most fun gun I owned. this one has taken over. my cmmg hasn't been out of the safe yet this summer. the cmmg is hands down more accurate. It will do an easy 1.5 inch at a 100 yards with loads it likes. This little 4.5 gun will do about the same at 25 yards. But its just so handy and light that it makes shooting steel a heck of a lot of fun. Round count is up over 2k now. Still haven't put a brush to the barrel and not a bit of leading. That's with a mix of conventionaly lubed bullets and pc bullets with a few jacketed here and there.