Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aluminum mold longevity

Boolit Master
    Reassuring to hear this from folks with the experience. Thanks again to all!

I have some Lee molds and that is for a number of years and see use and they are going to out last me. It is like stated you take care of your molds ,they will last many years and then some.I also have some other molds that is made of Brass and steel. They will all out last me for how it is for them. You been give alot of good advice. I have some fishing sinker molds that my dad got when I was small and they are still like when he got them many years ago.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Molds are precision made 'tools'. Treat them accordingly and your estate will have them for sale or pass on to the next generation
    Uh, usually for pennies on the dollar.

Boolit Master
    Corbinace in post number 3 makes an important point. Keep your priorities in proper order. I loved to hunt, shoot and reload ammunition and thought I’d never get to do it again after we had children. I am 65 now and kids are grown and I am glad I spent the time with them and their activities. Sure I missed things; but when you join the “daddies and husbands club” you are taking on responsibilities you are going to have to give an account for.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    Corbinace in post number 3 makes an important point. Keep your priorities in proper order. I loved to hunt, shoot and reload ammunition and thought I’d never get to do it again after we had children. I am 65 now and kids are grown and I am glad I spent the time with them and their activities. Sure I missed things; but when you join the “daddies and husbands club” you are taking on responsibilities you are going to have to give an account for.
    Understood.

As I mentioned before, my son is grown and is acting like the adult my wife and I hoped he would be. Being newly retired, I have more free time now, much of which goes to my wife (she is deserving and I do not begrudge it at all) but also to the things I like to do. She is interested in and does things that I am not into, and vice versa (dance and shooting respectively) but which we describe to each other in our time together because, even though neither of us participates in the other's past time, we share our lives and so are interested in what the other does. And, of course, there are also the things we do together that are common interests and because we like each other's company.

I guess it is a matter of balance. So far it's working for us and hopefully I'll keep on getting it right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Uh, usually for pennies on the dollar.
    Where are these $10 molds you speak of? Often times I see molds for sale at about 10% to 20% less than new. I've seen a number of used NOE molds sell for more than the price would be when on sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12