Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything PBcastco

Thread: WTB fat 8mm bullets

Boolit Master

WTB fat 8mm bullets

After one of our members posted about the smallish bores on the 8mm Persian mausers got me to thinking about what exactly the bore dimensions of my Persian Mauser. What I would like about 10 bullets .325 or better for slugging my Mauser. Plus the 8mm Persian Mauser carbine barrel I have.Will happily pay for the bullets and shipping. No lube or gas checks needed. Thanks in advance. Frank

Boolit Mold
    Dear Samari46, I have an unlimited supply of excellent quality homecast .328"-329" boolits per Lee mold for the 8x56R Hungarian ctg.
    I'll have to research what the Persian Mauser really swallows but I'm out the door for vacation this week. They might be applicable but we should investigate on both our parts. Can furnish raw or gas-checked and lubed to .328". If upon your own research you want to reply please do so. Best! - Vinniedude

Boolit Master
    Vinniedude, would like to buy about ten so's I can slug the barrel on my Persian mauser and also slug the Persian carbine barrel I hopefully plan to have installed on an old VZ 24 action I've been keeping for such a project. When you get back from vacation please pm me so's I can exchange addrese's. Only need bare unsized bullets. And will gladly pay whatever you wish for the bullets and shipping. Thanks again. Frank

Banned
    You will need PURE LEAD boolits to slug your barrel. You may find barrel sinkers in the fishing department you could use to slug your barrel

Boolit Mold

Re: Vinniedude boolits

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Vinniedude, would like to buy about ten so's I can slug the barrel on my Persian mauser and also slug the Persian carbine barrel I hopefully plan to have installed on an old VZ 24 action I've been keeping for such a project. When you get back from vacation please pm me so's I can exchange addrese's. Only need bare unsized bullets. And will gladly pay whatever you wish for the bullets and shipping. Thanks again. Frank
    Hello again Frank, - sorry for the delay / I actually forgot about this if it's not "in my face" on my regular email.
    Use vmm4895@hotmail.com for my direct email. This is not a scam / I am not a scammer. Will need postage / let's communicate by email. Best ! - Vinniedude

Boolit Bub
    Grmps, Thanks for the tip on the lead sinker to slug a barrel, never thought of that!! Gonna give it a try!!

Banned
    You can also PC boolits to increase the diameter and eliminate the need for sticky/nasty/messy (I'm not prejudiced) lubes

for slugging barrels, if the boolit/sinker (pure lead) is to small, set the end on an anvil and smack it a few times, it will get shorter and fatter (kinda like me and a lot of older folks I know)