RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: 4595 Hi Point Carbine

Boolit Master

4595 Hi Point Carbine

Attachment 220863
    Shot with 230 gr Lee TC powder coated with the Iron sights at 25 yds 100 rds
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    It looks good. I think you have it dialed in pretty well.

That will work.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    After I changed the load for my 4095 from Herco and 700X to Blue Dot, my groups are very similar, a little over 2" for 30 shots. Those goofy little carbines are really amazing for the money, plus a LOT of fun.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

I have 3, 9mm, .40sw and .45acp.

No real desire for 10mm or .380.

Like you said, you just can't run 10 rounds through one without getting that big smile on your face.
    Everyone I've seen shoot one turns around with that big Grin. It just is.

Boolit Master
    I put on a cheapo holo red dot on my 4595 and it works just fine for my elder eyes. After cataract surgery, lining up target, front sight, and rear sight is kinda iffy at best. Red dot on target, target is gone. I tried it at the 100 yd gong and hit 8 out of 10 times. Not too bad. I get similar groups as the OP does at the range that he shot at. Very fun.

I have not searched, but can anything be done with the trigger? Mine is pretty atrocious.

Sure is fun though.

Boolit Master

I also bought the 9mm 40 and the 45 , and see no need for the 380 or 10mm though I am sure they would be nice for some uses , I was shooting with the 45 yesterday , son and a coworker of his and they enjoyed the hi point as much as the ar and the handguns , it is a handy carbine . Gave the 9mm to daughter she enjoys it , and I prefer the 40 and 45 .

I have the 9mm for years. Easy to shoot and it gobbels up ammo faster then my 10/22. I also stuck a cheap 15 dollar red dot. It hits steel every time.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

All 3 of mine wear 60$ range truglo Red Dots.

The .45acp has the 2x optical Truglo Red Dot. Looks like a small short scope with small bell's.

Does a wonderful job of helping bring those targets in where I can see them.

Boolit Master
    I don't know, something about the .380 carbine pulls at me. Maybe it is because it is so cute in that caliber. I have the .45 version myself too and it works quite well.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by corbinace View Post
    I have not searched, but can anything be done with the trigger? Mine is pretty atrocious.

Sure is fun though.
    The trigger return spring can be replaced with a weaker spring. I found a spring in my junk that was the same length but a bit lighter and it works very well. There is an article on the web where a fellow replaced his with a ball point pen spring, but it is too weak and will not hold up. My original trigger pull was over 10 pounds, it is now 4 !/2# and shoots well.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by badgeredd View Post
    The trigger return spring can be replaced with a weaker spring. I found a spring in my junk that was the same length but a bit lighter and it works very well. There is an article on the web where a fellow replaced his with a ball point pen spring, but it is too weak and will not hold up. My original trigger pull was over 10 pounds, it is now 4 !/2# and shoots well.

Edd
    Good to know, thanks!