Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: GCA Garand video

Boolit Master

GCA Garand video

The Garand collectors assn. just put a video on U tube about the CMP and their Philippine M1's that are now coming up for sale. I hope everyone is up on there tetanus boosters. They actually say in the video that these rifles had to be treated for termites and asbestos contamination before they came back to the U.S. Most of what they show are pretty rough and rusted.

Boolit Master
    The roughest will be disassembled refinished and rebarreled with a Criterion barrel, and new Boyd’s stock. Essential a new Garand. They call them CMP “Specials”.

I’ve got a 1.9 mil Springfield CMP “Special” that shoots under 2moa. Was just shooting it this afternoon getting ready for the D-day JCG match at CMP Talladega in June.

Super Moderator

If I heard right, they paid close to 5 million dollars to get 86,000 Garands back here? That doesn't include the time they still have to put into them. I have to cringe at the price they will asking for these! Not like the good ol' days for sure. Lucky for me I got in on some of the Greek returns including Correct Grades and Collector Grades. My best shooter is a Rack Grade that I paid $295.00 for. The metal was near perfect, but the stock looked like it got ran over by a tank repeatedly. I don't need any more Garands right now thankfully.

Boolit Master
    I would love to have one but for the price they are going for I can buy a lot of other stuff I really need. One of my coworkers told me when he was on the police force in the late 70’s he bought them for 175$ back then. When he needed money he would sell one and replace it later. Well the prices went up and he never could afford one later. He said he had probably had a half dozen at one time. All sold for doctor or electric bills. He would tell me he kept one in the trunk of his cruser. He would tell me of some very long shots he made with it. He said if you could see it you could hit it. I want one bad. I can only dream

I watched the video and some look pretty rough. Maybe they'll clean them up good and hopefully keep the price reasonable. I still can't get over what it cost to get them to the States.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Master
    Does someone have a link to that video?TIA.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck