Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beeswax, Paraffin & 2 Cycle Oil??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robert12345 View Post
    Bullet lube has been discovered.

The best lubes, ...give the best bullets, ....reasonable accuracy, ...up to around 2200 fps, and that is pretty much the upper limit.

Re invent the wheel on bullet lube, that's ok, but the limit is still around 2200 fps, for the reasons of cast lead bullet strength, rifling twist, flame temperature at the bullet base, acceleration, etc..
    Best lube I dunno, but a good practical lube home made bullet lube, is a mix of cooking oil, and bee wax.
    Frankly, I am of the opinion that you are badly mistaking.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert12345 View Post
    Bullet lube has been discovered.

The best lubes, ...give the best bullets, ....reasonable accuracy, ...up to around 2200 fps, and that is pretty much the upper limit.

Re invent the wheel on bullet lube, that's ok, but the limit is still around 2200 fps, for the reasons of cast lead bullet strength, rifling twist, flame temperature at the bullet base, acceleration, etc..
    Best lube I dunno, but a good practical lube home made bullet lube, is a mix of cooking oil, and bee wax.
    I will have to disagree with you on the posting of yours on the max limit of lube on cast bullets is 2200 fps and also that the practical homemade lube is a mix of cooking oil and beeswax. Without saying how much of each or what bullet it's applied to is pure nonsense.
    I have played with making lubes for several years now and have made lubes that will and do pass the 2200 fps limit you state as being the limit. I also know from my experience that other additives surpass the two you posted by a large margin. Anyone who has made bullet lube knows that many factors go into the science of making them and that even your location will make a good lube look bad. Later Cajun Shooter
    Last edited by cajun shooter; 06-04-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added info
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12