MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: I didn't need another Lyman All American Turret press.....but

I didn't need another Lyman All American Turret press.....but

The discontinued Lyman All American Turret press is one of the smoothest and best operating turret press I have used. I think of it as a poor man's Hollywood press.

I have two of them, one of which is set up for short 45s, i.e. 45 ACP, 45 Cowboy and 45 Auto Rim. All I have to do is change the shell holders. The other is set up for 45 Colt.

There was a fellow on Ebay selling an NIB Lyman AA turret press including the shell holder adapter for RCBS etc. shell holders and a new special priming punch for use with these adapter. It was not selling because it was listed as a "shotgun reloading press". Knowing these were not made as a shotgun press, although early ones had one station for big shotgun dies, with an adapter installed down to regular 7/8 X14 dies, I bought the press.

The press came today and sure enough it has never been used or had a die screwed into the turret. All of the paper work is with it and the adapter and primer punch have not been opened. The price was $109.00 plus shipping which came to a total of $135.00. I feel this to be a very good price for what I got.

Someday I will set it up for 44 Magnum but until then it will live on a shelf in my shop.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Nice deal!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

All I can say is, Hey why not! Nice find.

Boolit Master
    I have about 10 presses and the AA is my favorite. You made a very good buy.

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh my! That was a screaming deal on one of my favorite presses of all times. Mine stays set up for 327 Fed Mag and of course doesn’t even work up a sweat doing that job. I don’t have to tell you how much you’ll enjoy it, so I’ll just say congratulations!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Oh my! That was a screaming deal on one of my favorite presses of all times. Mine stays set up for 327 Fed Mag and of course doesn’t even work up a sweat doing that job. I don’t have to tell you how much you’ll enjoy it, so I’ll just say congratulations!

Froggie
    "Screaming deals" are still found on Ebay. Sellers buy stuff at estate sales and often don't know much about the item. The knowledgeable buyer can take the time to read and view the item, can often identify such a deal.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.